Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » freaking out a little...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: freaking out a little...
sarahmarie
Neophyte
Member # 35103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahmarie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here's the story, and yes, I know this is the dumbest thing I've ever done, and I will surely never do it again with the panic it's ensuing now...

so on a vacation, I was drunk and I had a 1 night stand about 2 weeks ago, something I've never ever done before, and I seriously don't know what came over me. I have been on Kariva birth control for about 3 months, and never had a problem while I was sexually active with my now ex-boyfriend. Anyway, the vacation-- as I said, I was on the pill, but that day, I took my pill a few hours late. I usually take it between 11-12 (lunch time) and I forgot and didn't take it until about 3:00--which I know, isn't supposed to be a huge deal with combination pills, but anyway, I'm freaked.

The thing is, we also used condoms, but it slipped off in the middle--yet I am 95% sure we fixed the problem before he ejaculated. Yet, here I am, supposed to have gotten my withdrawal bleed Tuesday (that's when it's come the previous 3 months), and nothing yet (I possibly have a little more vaginal discharge than usual, like I would have before I usually get my period, but I don't know if that's normal on birth control). I guess I'm still relatively new to the pill, and maybe it doesn't always have to come at the exact same time? I am sometimes a few hours late taking my pill--no more than 4 ever--but I've never missed one, and I'm usually really good about taking them on time. I am terrified to take a pregnancy test, but I know that I need to. Can you ease my mind at all, or at least let me know what my odds are? I don't think I've ever been this freaked out!

Thanks!

Posts: 9 | From: st. paul, mn | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahmarie
Neophyte
Member # 35103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahmarie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, just to update a little...I bit the bullet and took a pregnancy test. It came back negative. But I am still panicking. I think I will take another one just to make sure. What do you think? Should I wait a couple of days--will that make a difference?

Thanks!

Posts: 9 | From: st. paul, mn | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can trust that the pregnancy test you took was accurate - it's been two weeks, and since you really didn't have a risk to begin with, it's safe to say you're not pregnant. No need to worry about your withdrawal bleed being a bit late, either - even on the pill, it won't always come at exactly the same time.

At this point, the best thing you can do for yourself is just relax. You've really got nothing to worry about in terms of a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5738 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahmarie
Neophyte
Member # 35103

thanks I feel much better. I knew I was probably getting worked up over nothing, but it helped to have reassurance.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.