Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » anal? preggers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anal? preggers?
Em Kat
Neophyte
Member # 34400

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Em Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, so this guy were fooling around (but not having intercourse) with our clothes off but with a condom. then he came and took the condom off. a bit later, we kinda had anal sex without a condom. whats the chance of me getting pregnant?????
Posts: 20 | From: kansas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should always use condoms for anal sex. Not only does anal sex present a high risk for STIs, the ejacculate can also leak back out and get into your vagina.

So yes, you have had both an STI risk and a pregnancy risk. If it's been less than 120 hours, you can still obtain EC. And you should definitely make an appointment to get tested for STIs.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Em Kat
Neophyte
Member # 34400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no...... im pretty sure i wont have an sti because we are each other's firsts. and whats the pregnancy risk????? i cant get ec. my parents cant know. also, if it makes a difference, only 1/4 of the penis was in. i doubt it will. my life will be ruined if i get pregnant. omg......
Posts: 20 | From: kansas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some STIs can be transferred non-sexually and show no symptoms, so it's best to only consider yourself and your partner STI-free if you've got tests results in your hands.

The pregnancy risk for unprotected anal sex can be quite high- as high as unprotected vaginal intercourse, at times. Since he ejaculated in the condom, not in your anus, the risk is certainly less, but it's still there, and EC would be a good plan.

Can you go to a Planned Parenthood or similar clinic? If you don't want to use your parent's insurance, they operate on a sliding scale.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Em Kat
Neophyte
Member # 34400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the closest clinic like that is at least an hour away and im not old enough to drive. he got me a pregnancy test and i am going to try that. wish me luck. and thanks for all the help.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pregnancy test will give you a valid result 10-14 days after the risk.

Also? If you have no way of getting apropriate sexual health care, you might want to rethink being sexually active. Situations like this can always come up, even if you try your best to be careful, and part of being ready for sex means being able to deal with risk situations (being able to get tested for STIs, being able to obtain EC, etc).

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.