Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » just wondering.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just wondering.
whooocares
Activist
Member # 19401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whooocares     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many weeks pregnant do u have to be to have a healthy baby..i know u can deliver before 40 weeks..like week 37 is normal but can any earlier be okay?

--------------------
Holli

Posts: 52 | From: Nicholson, Pa United States | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting at week 26, the fetus has about a 50% chance of surviving outside of the womb, and only under very intensive medical care. The chances of survival gradually increase past this time.

37 weeks of development and beyond, as you said, is considered full-term, and thus healthy. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whooocares
Activist
Member # 19401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whooocares     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks! i was just wondering..i'm almost 25 weeks..but the other day..i was worried i was leaking amniotic fluid. And when it comes to the health of my baby..i don't waste any time..i called the doctor nd i went up to labor nd delivery nd they checked to see if i was leaking it at all and they said noo there was nothing on the q-tip..nd then they monitored his heart for about 45 minutes to make sure it was consistent nd beating normally. Everything was good..but the doctor still wants to see me..tomorrow i have an appointment in the morning..I don't know why..i am still afraid i'm leaking it..but i think it might be urine or sometimes just discharge. I worry a lot about stuff lol.lately he has been pushing on my bladder..not all the time..but sometimes. Do u think it's amniotic fluid? or does there have to be a lot?

--------------------
Holli

Posts: 52 | From: Nicholson, Pa United States | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We aren't at liberty to say. I'm glad to hear you got medical attention, and that your doctor can get you in so soon, and let's hope for the best!

Given the monitoring you received at the hospital, it's probably a safe bet you and baby are okay. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whooocares
Activist
Member # 19401

well i went to the doctors today..he checked to make sure i wasn't dialated nd looked up there to see if i was leaking anything..he said i'm not! thank god(= nd he said it's probably just urine from the baby pushing on my bladder.

--------------------
Holli

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.