Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » unprotected sex, std?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unprotected sex, std?
morggie7631
Neophyte
Member # 17948

Icon 9 posted      Profile for morggie7631     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had unprotected sex (mistake #1) with a guy that i don't know at all (mistake #2) but we only did this for 25 seconds, if that, and he didn't have any sores on his penis and he did not come in me. i am concerned about an std, he told me he didn't have one, even after intercourse, but i still don't trust him (i don't know him). so my question is can i get an std from intercourse if he didn't come and didn't have any sores? and how long after this incident should i wait til i get a pap smear; i want accurate results, but soon! please help
Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you have had a STI transmission risk - all STIs can be transmitted through unprotected sex, even if it's brief, as some STIs are transmitted through just genital contact, and others can be transmitted through pre-ejaculate.

You're going to want to get a FULL STI screening (not just a pap smear) in about a month, and one about 6 months after that, or get into your gynecologist or doctor if you start experiencing any sort of symptoms of infection before that (sores, a change in discharge, pain, etc.).

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morggie7631
Neophyte
Member # 17948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morggie7631     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is a month the soonest i can detect an sti?
i really want to know, i feel absolutely terrible about what happened.

--------------------
allie

Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, unfortunately- some STIs will not show up in tests until at least a month after exposure, so you'll have the most accurate results if you wait a bit to get tested.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Also, please do not double post- it's against the guidelines of the boards, and it makes it hard to keep things organized.)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.