Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » tri cyclen lo troubles ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tri cyclen lo troubles ?
glad2getanswerz
Neophyte
Member # 25039

Icon 11 posted      Profile for glad2getanswerz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually i start my pack on Wednesday.
My boyfriend is coming back from a family trip.
I didn't want to be on my period when he came back.
So one my girlfriends told me that if i usually start my pill pack on Wednesday, and I've already gone through 5 of the placebo pills, then it should be ok to just start taking the first white pill and continue from there.
That way i would skip having my 'period' till wednesday.
Is this ok or is there a safe way to be able to stop my 'period' and still be safe from pregnancy?
My boyfriend has been gone for 3 months so you can imagine my situation. lol

--------------------
me!

Posts: 30 | From: calgary,alberta,canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is possible to skip or 'postpone' a withdrawal bleed, but it's not right for everyone and it can't be done with every prescription of the pill. So if this is something you're considering, please call up the doctor who prescribed this pill to you and ask them if it's okay for you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metric_lover09
Neophyte
Member # 34761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for metric_lover09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order to actually 100% "skip" your period and have no risk of getting pregnant, I would suggest going to a Gyno and being prescribed a (usually higher dosage)pill.
By just skipping those placebos for one month, it's not safe. In order for there to be no risk of pregnancy most physicians would suggest being on the pill coninually(no placebos) for at LEAST 3 months.
When in doubt USE A CONDOM please.

Posts: 2 | From: NB, Canada | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metric_Lover- this area is for Scarleteen staff and volunteer replies only.

Also, skipping placebos for a month would not make the pill less effective- they're just sugar pills to keep you in the habit of taking the pill daily while you have a week off of hormones.

With birth control pills, you are protected from pregnancy after one full cycle. (I've actually never heard anyone recommend taking three full cycles' worth of pills without placebos before being considered protected.)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.