Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » hello again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hello again!
hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurleygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
hello again! i have a bit of a problem it seems.

I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time on wednesday ortuesday last week. He used a spermicidal condom, and he didn't come inside of me. two nights ago, I couldnt stop peeing, but it hurt. I went to the doctor, anad i found out it was a bladder infection. The thing is that I'm also bleeding (gross part ahead) little gobs of blood. My mom says myperiod is coming, do you think the bleeding is cause of that or cause I lost my virginity? I didnt tell my parents that I lost it cause they would have my head on a stick.

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, are you due for your period? If you're not, and this is more than simple spotting, I would suggest calling up your doc again. Since it's been a few days since the intercourse, had you sustained any injuries, they would've healed up by now. So this is really something you should talk to a doctor about.

Also, two things about the condoms: Get regular ones, rather than spermicidal ones. The spermicide doesn't do anything, unless the condom breaks, in which case there isn't enough of it to make a difference. All the spermicide might do is irritate you. So ditch that. And also, the point of a condom is to contain the ejaculate, so there's no need to pull out. Pulling out actually poses the danger of slipping and spilling. We've got a great article on condoms that'll explain everything in detail, so you can be sure you're doing it right:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

im due formy period today, so the bleeding should be my period.
i told my doctor that my period is due, so she said that it probably is my period. Should I still talk to a doctor about it?

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period is supposed to start today, then it's very likely that the blood you're seeing is your period.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

awesome thank you so much youre such a big help!

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

You're welcome. Glad I could help. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.