Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » On birth control but i missed a few

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On birth control but i missed a few
jennspinkstar
Neophyte
Member # 34622

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jennspinkstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

Im on the birth control Mercilon, i missed a few pills this month and im only in my second week. first i missed day 9 and 11 then day 14 and 15 (two in a row). the past two weeks have been quite hectic so i just forgot them. Im now day 16 and i am having what looks like break through bleeding. but i have done this before (missed pills in a row) and i never got break trough bleeding then. Also what concerns me is that my boyfriend and i had sex on the night of the pill missed day 14. so looked around the net and i saw stuff about implantation bleeding. could it be possible that this is implantation bleeding?? would i have ovulated due to the single pills i missed earlier?? is it too soon for implantation building?
when should i do a pregnancy test?

Posts: 3 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennspinkstar
Neophyte
Member # 34622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennspinkstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also did i ovulate? and do i have a chance of getting pregnant?
Posts: 3 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't tell you whether you ovulated or not. However, missing that many pills, it certainly is a possibility. It's also hard to tell what the bleeding you experienced is related to since missing pills can cause spotting and all sorts of unexpected side effects. Did you and your partner use another method when you had sex? If not, I'd suggest taking a pregnancy test in 10-14 days from the day you had sex.

Really, if you want to be protected by the pill it is absolutely essential that you take your pills everyday and at the same time each day. If you don't take them right, they may not work. If you're having trouble with taking the pill everyday, how about talking to your doctor about another method like the patch or ring that you don't have to remember every day?

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.