Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnant?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant?!?!
Sheva
Neophyte
Member # 34478

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Sheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A month ago, me and a guy were messing around in the bathroom. We did get naked, and I did touch his penis, but only the top. We didn't have intercourse although we were rubbing and since it was a while ago I can't remember if it was close enough to my vagina or not. I think around that time, I was probably around 14-16 days into my cycle. And my period was due two weeks ago but it hasn't come. Can I have gotten pregnant through that?
Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you had direct genital contact -- his penis, on your vaginal opening, anus, or right in that area -- or direct fluid contact -- his semen, on your vaginal opening or very nearby -- you did not have a pregnancy risk.

If you DID, then yes, you may have had a pregnancy risk. Surely you can remember if his penis was rubbed on your vulva, no? That'd be a pretty odd thing to forget.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheva
Neophyte
Member # 34478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit inexperienced...so where exactly is the vuvlva?
And how close does the penis have to be to my opening?
Also, will I have felt wet if semen was released, because I didn't.

Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out: Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy. It's pretty important to understand your own genitals before you let someone else. [Smile]

Your vulva is the whole of your genitals: your vagina, vaginal opening, clitoris, mons, labia.

If your partner was rubbing his penis inside your outer labia, around your anus or vaginal opening, then you are looking at STI and pregnancy risks.

In terms of feeling ejaculate, if you were in the shower or bath, absolutely not -- you couldn't feel that. Too, when we're aroused, we have our own fluids, so it all feels pretty goey, regardless.

[ 06-28-2007, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheva
Neophyte
Member # 34478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But we weren't in the shower, we were outside it, and since we were never wet would I have felt the semen?
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to say. You may or may not have.

I'll repeat what Heather said again: if your partner was rubbing his genitals around your vaginal area, you have a pregnancy/STI risk, whether you felt semen or not.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheva
Neophyte
Member # 34478

oh tnak you so much.
but turns out it was just a scare.
i just talked to him and he swears he didnt release anything :]
thank you for all your help though <3

Heather
Member # 3

Good news, then.

Just understand -- and let your boyfriend in on this, too -- that if you're going to be having genital contact, it needs to be protected. STIs are a real risk (with or without fluids). Pregnancy is a real risk. Neither of these things are smart things to gmable with, and there's no need to when protecting against them is so, so easy.

So, sounds like it's time to talk about stocking up with some condoms, and time to make clear they always need to be used, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.