Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » could it be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could it be?
Nic
Neophyte
Member # 34325

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last period was on May 10th and i had Protected sex on the 15th of May. I was due for my period on the 10th of June or if i count my monthly cycle which is 35 days i would have gotten it the june 14th.
I have been working out everyday this past month, but here is where i am so confused. On the 12th i started getting wet mucous like i usually do during ovulation on my panties and on the toilet paper. I took 2 pregnancy test. One on the wednesday the 13th afternoon and one thursday morning as soon as i woke up and they were both negative.
Is it possible that i am pregnant and it was too soon to take the two test?

Posts: 6 | From: N | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. The pregnancy hormone, HcG, rises to levels detectable by home pregnancy tests as soon 6-10 days after conception; a pregnancy test taken 10-14 days after the last pregnancy risk gives an accurate result.

You tested about a month later which was plenty of time to allow this, plus intercourse was protected in the first place, so there's no cause for worry. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nic
Neophyte
Member # 34325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay thanks! yeah, i got worried because we had sex in the shower, but i checked the condom for rips and tears with water afterward.

but even so if there was a tear, the test i took would have came back positive if i was pregnant. I think i need to breathe and stop stressing out.

Posts: 6 | From: N | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time, though? Sex really isn't as safe as it can be in the water for a few reasons, the most prominent being that it washes away natural and artificial lubricant, which can not only make sex painful, it increases friction on the condom which can lead to breakage.

So! Reserve sex to dry land so that lube can do its duty from now on, and you should be in the clear. It's way better to use a condom in water than go without (good for you!), but it's likely not as safe as you're comfy with. [Smile]

(And if you're still nervous about condom use/want to brush up on being safe, check this one out! Condom Basics: A User's Manual )

[ 06-16-2007, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nic
Neophyte
Member # 34325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it has been another week, now making me 2 weeks late and i still have not gotten my period.

What do you think? i took the test and it was negative, should i take another one or not because the other one should have been accurate?

JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our answer won't change in this case. The pregnancy tests you took were accurate. You had protected sex, and I promise you that the test you took is accurate, given the time you took it at. So you have nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.