Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Does Bump = STD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Bump = STD?
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 4 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just looking at my vagina. I noticed a small white looking lump near the opening. It is in a weird spot. I really don't know how to explain it. It is near the opening but you can't see the bump unless I spread my legs and hold my lips open and the skin that's right by the opening. It doesn't hurt or itch and I have no idea how long it has been there. It looks like there is some sort of fluid in there. I have looked on the internet and it doesn't look like HPV or herpes. Everything else looks fine though. I just got off my period yesterday, still having some after-discharge but other than that everything has been fine. No itching or pain or anything. So is this a cause for concern? Any idea as to what it might be. I'm freaking out a little. Thanks in advance!
Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't really tell what it would be- we're not doctors and can't see it- but it does sound a little suspicious. You should get in to your gyn or doctor to have it looked at, and in the meantime, don't poke or prod it- just leave it be.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for ur reply. I called a nurse and told her and she said that what i described isn't raising any red flags. She raised the possiblity that it could be a cyst..she even said it could be a pimple. But I was under the impression that you couldn't get pimples on the inner labia only where there is hair. Is that true?. ..Also what is a cyst and what causes them? It is quite possible that this bump could have always been there and Im just now noticing it.
Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.