Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » signs of pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: signs of pregnancy
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahdahboomdei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How early do signs of pregnancy show up?
I had unprotected intercourse twice,,, (i know stupid) second time he came a little bit inside me, and the rest got on the vaginal area.
I have been feeling very tired, moody,, and very nauseated, lots of headaches...
I read up on the symptoms afterwards, and these things are listed as symptoms of possible pregnancy...
I took a home pregnancy test about a week after the deed took place but it came up negative,,, I'm worried though cause i know the sperm can stay alive inside for a while,,,

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy symptoms can mimic symptoms of plain old stress. Chill out for now and concentrate on having safe sex instead of stressing more about a possible pregnancy. If the test came up negative a week after, you should be on the safe side. Retest again in a week or two.

Better yet, see your doctor as soon as possible for a more complete blood test. If you haven't been monogamous with that parter and tested negative for STDs with him, you should get an STD workup as well.

Please DON'T continue having unprotected sex. Buy condoms and use them properly, or get on the pill. Otherwise you will cause yourself tons of worry and stress for no good reason - and you'll continue putting yourself at risk for STD's.

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahdahboomdei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm i'm pretty sure i'm pregnant...
I had a test come up positive a few days ago...it was very very faint, but still there
Are headaches a symptom? I have these mega headaches,,, i get kinda queasy in the late evening, my breasts are pretty sore, and my lower stomache gets this wierd sensation sometimes,,,

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, "symptoms" are different for individual women and show up at different times for different women.

If you've had a positive, even a faint one, then head to your doctor or other health care provider (like a local Planned Parenthood location or other clinic) to get a blood test and then evaluate your options from there.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.