Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,
I'm on the 2nd quarter in my birth control packet, and I missed the pill on Thursday. Normally, I'd make it up, but I didn't realize I'd missed it until it was about 4 hours before I was supposed to take the next one, so I just skipped Thursday's altogether. Now, I'm having kind of heavy bleeding (which I've never had from missing a pill before). Also, I have a new partner, and while we use condoms, it gets rough enough so that 2 condoms have broken in the past week. Once he pulled out well before climax, the other, right as he was climaxing. Should I be worried about anything, or am I silly? I haven't missed a pill since, but I did take one a few hours late earlier in the pack. And also, we use Trojan lubricated condoms...why are they breaking so easily? I've never had this problem before.

By the way, I have an appt with my doc coming up on the 6th, but I was hoping for some quick guidance, especially if I should make an emergency visit.

Thanks for your time.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One missed pill really doesn't warrant using Emergency Contraception.

I don't really know what to tell you about the bleeding ... It is probably from the missed pill. Unfortuneatly, there's not a lot you can do about that now.

Are you using extra lube with the condoms? If not, you can start trying that. Also, a lot of people here have experienced problems with Trojans ... Try a different brand (Durex and kimomos seem to work well for most).

If you and your partner haven't been screened for STIs, you'll need to do that now as well.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.