Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help
this_is_me
Neophyte
Member # 13818

Icon 9 posted      Profile for this_is_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that I am pregnate, my boy friend and I were rolling around naked and I don't think that anything went in, but pre cum and stuff is dangerous. And I haven't had my period yet. I am really scared. I don't know what to do. Like it has been about a week. I haven't had sex, and I am a really good girl in society. I am soo scared. I don't know what to do. Please tell me the first signs of pregnancy and what I could do at this point. Thank you
Posts: 10 | From: Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your period is late now, you can take a pregnancy test.

If not, then you'll have to wait until either it is late or 'til it's been 10-14 days since the incident in question, whichever is sooner.

A test is going to be much, much more reliable than looking for "signs".

Basically, you do have a potential pregnancy risk any time there's direct contact between your genitals and his. So in future, it's a smart idea to get a condom on him as soon as he's got an erection, before you start the rolling around, okay?

Direct genital contact also creates a risk for STD transmission, so both of you need to think about getting screened.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 07-05-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.