Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I cant get it out of my mind!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I cant get it out of my mind!!!
MacBeth
Neophyte
Member # 13719

Icon 4 posted      Profile for MacBeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sorry but i need to ask somone.

I just had sex for the first time. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome(its genetic) It means i dont ovulate like normal women and i have cysts on my ovaries ( you cant catch it or anything) and they put me on the pill. well i started taking it and i forgot to take them for 3 days (they where the last row of pills, the inactive ones) and i started a new pack and ive taken them for 3 days now. Any my boyfriend used a condom...one of those ones with spemicide.

Im a paranoided person....REALLY paranoid. Please could you tell me if there is any chance i could get pregnant. Im sorry i soud ridiculous but my mind blows things up.

-MacBeth

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if he used a condom correctly, then you will be fine. you were there and you could tell better than i could whether anything went wrong with the condom

also, if you are as paranoid as you say you are, then it's a good idea to STOP having sex. Why on earth would you continue to have sex if it would only cause you so much anxiety? Sex is supposed to feel good. Worrying and panicking over pregnancy scares everytime you have sex does not feel good.

If you are going to freak out every time you do it, even when you know you did things right, then I would strongly advise that you hold off on sex until you can gain the composure to not only be ready for the act itself, but be ready for any consequences, too. Which is not to say a girl doesn't become seriously alarmed if she's pregnant on accident, but she should be able to handle the situation calmly and rationally.

------------------
mundi faece repletum

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Neophyte
Member # 13719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacBeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt think i would react this way. It was really enjoy able, and ...i dont know. But thanks for the advice, i think ill wait awhile before having sex again.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, we advise that you skip the use of spermicides all-together. Gumdrop Girl explains why in this thread: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000432.html
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.