Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I THINK I HAVE AN STD PLEASE HELP ME

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Member # 13700

Icon 9 posted      Profile for wljvnelrnbe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I am a sixteen y o boy with a serious problem and I hope u can help. U C the thing is, I met my first gurlfrend in February of this year but we broke up this June. The thing is she had sex before (that was last year december) with her previous boy friend before we got together. Anyway during our period of time together we petted and fondled each other from time to time but i didn't use a condom because we weren't really having sex so i thought it was okay. Now here's my problem. There is a big bump on my penis, it feels hard, this is the second one i am having one but the first one went completely away and then the second one came. Now the second one looks like its going away because its getting smaller. Now i dont know if this is alll in my head but i THINK when i urinate I feel a funny feeling afterwards and i begin itching it, this has started about two days ago (around that time i was reading something about STD'S). I'm not sure if its a burning sensation or not. Also i think i see something that looks like very very small cuts just healing up on my penis.

We didn't have sex so i'm thinking i must be ok. bUT she said she had to go to the hospital of January this year, one month after she had sex and they did some tests on her and they said she was ok. I'm not sure if she is telling the truth or if the hospital did any STI tests at all or just normal tests on her. PLEASE Help me I do not know what to do. I can not afford to tell my parents i have a STI (if i do) and i can not afford to go to a doctor by myself (i dont even know what doctor to go to). PLEASE HELP ME.TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I would really appreciate if you e mailed your answer to me right away PLEASE -- email edited out -- i need to do something before something else goes wrong.


[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 06-28-2003).]

Posts: 1 | From: egegeebe | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, please do not post your email address, as stated in our guidelines.

Thing is, intercourse is not the only way to contract an STD or STI.

There are sexual health clinics and networks for youth in Jamaica. I'd suggest you visit one to get an exam and find out what's going on (it may be an STI, it may be another condtion unrelated to your sexual activity, it's hard to say). Here are a few I found for you:

Comprehensive Health Centre
55 Slipe Pen Road
Kingston 5
Tel: (876) 922-2095 / 924-9673

Windward Road Health Centre
18 Paradise Street
Kingston 16
Tel: (876) 938-3910

Adolescent Reproductive Health
2-4 King Street
Tel 876) 967-1100/1105
Fax: (876) 967-1280

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3