Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period
FldHcky9
Neophyte
Member # 12093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FldHcky9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my period this morning and i was really surprised. I had all the simptoms of getting my period like an upset stomach, cramping, and sore breasts but i didn't think it was supposed to come for another couple of weeks. I got my period on May 7 which was the exact day i was supposed to get it. Then i ended up taking a ECP on the 14th which made my have my period again on the 19(which was supposed to happen). Now i have it again. I am 16 years old and have been getting my period regularly since i was 13 so i don't understand why it is so irregular now. Is there something wrong? could all this blood cause a loss of iron in my body? Please help!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The emergency contraceptive pill plays around w/ your hormones and it may take your body a bit to adjust. It should be back to normal in a cycle or two ... If it's not, you should head back to the doctor. (As well, if you're bleeding excessively or in lots of pain, you should go now)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.