Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » 7 Days Late

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 7 Days Late
PsychoGirl
Activist
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PsychoGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm seven days late for getting my period. I've been having a lot of stress, you know, ending school, taking finals, boyfriend problems, friend problems, parents, ect. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it soon, because I've been having moodswimgs and cramps... But my cramps are SO bad... I feel like I'm being stabbed by a 10 inch knife. I've also been having terrible regular stomach aches, kind of like heartburn, and some kind of acid reflex, I guess. I feel so sick sometimes... I don't know what to do... Could this heartburn thing have anything to do with me missing my period? What is it?
Posts: 85 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heartburn and acid reflux can be aggravated by stress, so it's possible that you're experiencing those things now because your life has been so stressful. And of course, stress can delay menstruation.

That said, acid reflux and heartburn can be serious problems, so if it continues for any length of time, you really should see your doctor.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.