Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » I need help, my boyfriend's...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help, my boyfriend's...
Kowai
Neophyte
Member # 13366

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kowai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, please, help me. I don't know what to do. I've started going out with a guy since 2 months before. But a couple of days before, he told me that he has this problem: his mind is so perv [he said], that everytime he holds me, he feels that he need to have sex. But he doesn't want for me to do it, because he knows that I'm not ready, and I'm NOT. He told me that if that necesity doesn't lows, we'll separate. But he needs my help. I don't know what to do. When we talk over the phone or internet, he says nice things, but... He says he wants to control himself, and doesn't what to force me to do anything. His former girlfriends were all girls who only wanted sex and no feelings were involted. And he says that he got used to that, and now he cannot control himself.... I don't know what to do. He told me that he loves me, and, besides all, he was the one who had a crush on me.... Please answer soon, and if you need more details, just ask, ok?

~Kowai

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And he says that he got used to that, and now he cannot control himself....

To be blunt, that's absolute crap. If he is a sane rational human being, then he can control himself just fine.

If he genuinely can't control himself (which is extremely unlikely) and doesn't want to hurt you, then he should seek psychiatric help at the nearest emergency room right now. And in that case, it would not be safe for him to be in a relationship with you or anyone else.

quote:
his mind is so perv [he said], that everytime he holds me, he feels that he need to have sex.

There's nothing "pervy" about having sexual thoughts and feelings when you're physically close to someone you're attracted to.

But we get to choose how we act on those feelings, and we have to take responsibility for how we act.

If he feels he needs sex, he can masturbate - his body doesn't know the difference between a hand and a vagina. Nothing "makes" someone force sex on an unwilling partner.

quote:
He told me that if that necesity doesn't lows, we'll separate. But he needs my help.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like he's being pretty manipulative.

You know, and he knows, that you're not ready to have sex. If he truly can't handle waiting until you do feel ready, then you should indeed break up.

But putting pressure on you with these claims about how he can't control himself and it's all the fault of his previous girlfriends is a very bad sign.

What he seems to be saying, if you boil it down, is that he understands that you're not ready to have sex, but hey, he has this out-of-control libido and so he might just lose control and rape you.

And he's got you feeling sorry for him by telling you that he loves you and needs your help.

Frankly, I'd ask yourself if that's really the sort of guy you want to be with. And if you do want to continue the relationship, then he's going to have to change his behaviour and take responsibility for his own actions.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 06-07-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.