Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » worrying lump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worrying lump
leafy
Neophyte
Member # 8345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leafy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have made an appointment with my GP about this but would appreciate some kind of feedback as to what it could be. My mind is gong all over the place at the minute.

I have a hard lump, about an inch long, situated on my mons underneath my pubic hair. It is primarily under the skin and is slightly painful when pressure is applied. I have shaved this area slightly recently and so it did run through my mind that it might be an ingrown hair but it worries me because it's underneath the skin.

[This message has been edited by leafy (edited 06-01-2003).]

Posts: 34 | From: England | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It still could be an ingrown hair, or an infected/inflamed hair follicle. I'm glad you've made an appointment with your GP; speculation's not really too helpful, but suffice it to say there are plenty of things it could be which are not too serious. (It could even be an insect bite!)

Please let us know what you find out.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Take a little time for sunshine/Take a whole lot of time for love/...Take your life as it may come, 'cause boy, it'll be gone soon/Take a little time for howlin' at the moon..." - Sam Bush, "Howlin' at the Moon"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leafy
Neophyte
Member # 8345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leafy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you

I'm just terrified at the moment, I'm a pretty laidback, rational person usually but when it comes to things like this I get so worried. Would I be able to see a female nurse instead of a male doctor do you think for this sort of diagnosis, the doctors at my practice aren't overlly pleasant.

Posts: 34 | From: England | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's definitely worth asking about once you get to the office. You may also be able to bring a friend for support.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leafy
Neophyte
Member # 8345

I've just come back from the doctor and my worry lump is in fact a cyst. I don't have to have it removed or treated unless it becomes painful or gets any bigger. I'm so relieved
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad to hear that everything is okay with you and your cyst! Thanks for letting us know (otherwise, I'd have been thinking, months down the road - "I wonder what happened to that girl with the worry lump?")

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Take a little time for sunshine/Take a whole lot of time for love/...Take your life as it may come, 'cause boy, it'll be gone soon/Take a little time for howlin' at the moon..." - Sam Bush, "Howlin' at the Moon"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leafy
Neophyte
Member # 8345

And that would be a most unfortunate way to be remembered months down the line!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.