Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » desperate and scared..please help!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: desperate and scared..please help!?
scaredycat7
Neophyte
Member # 13258

Icon 4 posted      Profile for scaredycat7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-
I just found this site and I am desperate so I am posting. I apologize for the length of this post and I warn it is kind of explicit. I think I might have herpes. I had unprotected sex 9 months ago and gave oral sex to someone 6 months ago and the day before yesterday I noticed some pimple like protrusions around my vagina . They arent sore, they dont itch, they arent fluid filled (I scratched one and all it did was bleed a tiny bit) I had them for only a day or two and they have almost all dissapeared. None are on my actual vagina but are on the skin to the left and right of it (but not above it) where underwear would rub. I figured it might have something to do with my underwear rubbing because I wore pants that were extrememly tight in that area this weekend and none of these bumps apear where underwear wouldnt rub. Now I am extra concerned because now it looks like I am getting a cold sore on my lip. Now Im really upset and worried. I was planning on going to planned parenthood but I read up on herpes tests and it says that they take a culture of the inside of the bumps.. and there is nothing inside of my bumps to culture, they are dry. They are also not red like the pitures I saw utmaybe a little pink like a pimple but thats it. Instead of being clear or blister looking like the pictures I saw these look more like ant bites or pimples. Also does PP do blood tests for herpes? If so how much does it cost? I dont know if this is a cold sore I am getting on my lip but if it is could it just be a coincidence? I am so scared and upset and would be forever grateful for a response.. thank you for your time.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even if *you* don't think your bumps fit the bill, you could still be wrong, in which case, it is still a darn good idea for you to get them inspected at PP. If they aren't herpes, they could still be something else. While you are there, please get a full STD screen since you had unprotected sexual intercourse, too.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.