Donate Now
We've Moved!">Check out our

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » is it possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it possible?
crazy_8itch
Neophyte
Member # 2504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazy_8itch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heres th thing, last monh i had unprotected sex wit m bf the dy before my period was due, i go my period 2 days later. i dont think i have ny reason to worry really, but i was just wndering (worring) is there any chance i could be pregnant as e came inside me without te use of any contraception??

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have reason to be concerned.

Why? Because depending on your fertility cycle, you can still become pregnant, as sperm can live in the vagina for as long as a week. So, if you ovulate early this month or regularly? They can be there waiting for the new egg following your period.

As well, you have STDs and STIs to concern yourself with. Consdiering the highest rate of STI transmission is in those under 24, and mainly because that age group doesn't worry about it and tends not to have protected sex, there's plenty of cause for concern there.

If it has been less then 72-100 hours since this happened, you can obtain emergency contraception. And in the next month, you and yours should be sure to have your yearly STD and STI screens, if you don't so that already.

And you most certainly should sit down and discuss WHY you need to be using condoms, and make a hard rule to do so henceforth, as well as a backup contraception method should you choose.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazy_8itch
Neophyte
Member # 2504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazy_8itch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could you please tell me how likely it is that i could be pregnant and aso should i do a test asap or wait until next week to see if i am late?? thannx it's very mmuch appreciated

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't tell you how likely it is, other than to say you've got a moderate to high risk of being pregnant.

You can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after you've had unprotected sex. If that one comes out negative, take another a week later. Follow the directions on the box and use your first morning urine, as it's most concentrated.

Let us know how it goes.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Take a little time for sunshine/Take a whole lot of time for love/...Take your life as it may come, 'cause boy, it'll be gone soon/Take a little time for howlin' at the moon..." - Sam Bush, "Howlin' at the Moon"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazy_8itch
Neophyte
Member # 2504

how late before u worry. say someone who started their periods 6 rs ago and has always had a cycle of 28-29 days???

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
since you just got your period right afterthe sexual encounter, rather than wait a month for it to come agin, follow lemming's advice and take the home preg. test as she directed.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazy_8itch
Neophyte
Member # 2504

thnx for everything i got my period 5 days l8 just before i was gonna do da test

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.