Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Scared--please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared--please help
Nereid
Neophyte
Member # 12997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nereid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, here's the story:

My boyfriend and I were messing around last week. He was in only his boxers and I was wearing some extremely short shorts. I was lying on top of him, and he was grinding up against me. Things got kind of intense and he ejaculated. I think some of the fluid got on my thighs under the shorts.
I read that if a guy comes and the semen spills out near the opening of the vagina, the girl can get pregnant.

I've never had sex before, and this is really scary. Is there any chance I could get pregnant from this encounter and, if so, how soon can I test for pregnancy?

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 1 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it does sound like you have had a pregnancy risk. If semen got on your vulva, and it sounds like it did, you've had one.

Has it been 5 days or less since this happened? If so, you can still get emergency contraception, it's just that it works best within 3 days. See this page for more: Emergency Contraception .

You need to wait till 10-14 days after the event occurs to take a pregnancy test, or the first day of a missed period, so you can't take one yet.

In the future, whenever something like this is going on, there should be a condom on that penis so that you don't have to worry about this sort of thing. Check out these pages for more:
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
and Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

[This message has been edited by lemming (edited 05-10-2003).]

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.