Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » please help im scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help im scared
jaspin
Neophyte
Member # 12852

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jaspin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of my inner labia has become really swollen, sore and red today. its hurts to walk and wear knickers. i was bleeding slightly earlier and its definitely not my period.

what the hell is this? im really scared. could it be a tumour?

Posts: 6 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were you doing anything really active that might have caused chafing, such as horseback or bike riding, or lots of exercise? Are you sexually active?

(It's most likely not a tumor.)

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaspin
Neophyte
Member # 12852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaspin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no i wasnt doing anything like that.

i havent had sex for months, and i have only had sex a few times anyway.

Posts: 6 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you still could have a yeast or bacterial infection causing all of that swelling or irritation.

So, I'd suggest you mmake a GYN appointment ASAP. if you don't yet have a gynecologist or can't get in soon, you could certainly see your GP as well, or go to a walk-in clinic.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68187 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaspin
Neophyte
Member # 12852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaspin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will go to the drop-in centre tomorrow. i am so embarassed though.

could something like thrush have caused this? what if they dont know what it is?

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thrush is a yeast infection. So, if you've been having yeast infections/thrush, then yes, absolutely it can cause these symptoms, especially if it goes untreated.

Really, if you had this happening on your elbow, you likely wouldn't be embarassed, eh? While I know it seems different and more private to you, to a doctor, a body part is a body part is a body part, so you can rest assured there's really not a need to be at all ashamed. Your genitals can "get sick" just like the rest of you. It happens.

Posts: 68187 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaspin
Neophyte
Member # 12852

yeah i know, its just i dont like the idea much of lying there on a table, legs spread, and them shoving cold things inside me!! hahaha!

i think i did have thrush a couple of months ago; i was itchy and had white discharge that had lumps in it. it was also really smelly (gross!)and although it wasnt treated, i thought it had gone. maybe not though.

Heather
Member # 3

You never want to leave a yeast infection untreated.

If you're treating it with DIY methods, even (like dophilous supplements or yogurt treatments) that's one thing, but not treating it at all is a bad plan because they don't tend to just correct themselves and go away: they tend to lie dormant and spread elsewhere or further.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

jaspin
Neophyte
Member # 12852

ok so today i went to the chemist and bought a tube of cream called Vagasil. it says its for thrush, but now that ive read the packet properly i think it is only meant to soothe the irritation and itching along with thrush, but not designed to tackle the actual yeastiness or whatever of it.
do you know if this is right?
what should i get if i isnt right?
what are the DIY methods i could do that you were talking about?

i ate some natural yoghurt this morning. hahaha, im not that it will help but it made me feel better :-)

oh and the swelling is all gone down now. it was still swollen all of last night and this morning and i was proper worried. but when i went to the loo at lunch time it was all back to normal....phew, theres a relief!

Heather
Member # 3

At this point, since you likely have an infection that has been lingering for quite some time, I just can't suggest enough that you see your doctor.

You don't want to self-diagnose yeast infections in most cases. because it may NOT be that, and in that case, medication for yeast infections can actually land you with a new one. As well, DIY methods really don't work best with extended illnesses overall, and you need to find out what this is and get it treated.

You may look or feel back to normal, but I'm willing to bet that you aren't.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

jaspin
Neophyte
Member # 12852

oh yeah i didnt mean that i was better coz the swellings gone but i was just pleased it had. trust me, i can still tell that something is DEFINITELY not right done there.

i will go to the doctors asap and get it sorted out.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.