Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Very Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very Worried
TxGuy22
Neophyte
Member # 12515

Icon 4 posted      Profile for TxGuy22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i had sex with this girl and she had been on BC for a couple of weeks but one time i didn't use protection. And like a week later she had her period, and some meaty stuff came out. What does this mean????I need some help, i dont know what to think
Posts: 2 | From: texas, usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brush up on menstruation and cycles with our article: One the Rag

Menstrual blood isn't just blood. It's uterine tissue (endometrium) and mucus, too. That's the chunky stuff. It's normal. when a girl goes on the Pill, that causes changes to the way she menstruates, so for the first few cycles or so, her period may look different to her.

As for unprotected sex, STDs are always a concern for couples, especially if they haven't been monogamous for over a year. That's pretty common for teens and young adults, which is why it's just so freakin' important for all of us to get tested regularly for STDs. Make it a couples activity. And to minimize your risk of pregnancy and STDs, continue to use condoms, even if you've been going out a while. I use condoms and the Pill, and it's great tp have that sort of peace of mind.

------------------
¿Qué es el dealio?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxGuy22
Neophyte
Member # 12515

Icon 5 posted      Profile for TxGuy22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it matter that it was the shot, not the pill??????????????????????????????
Posts: 2 | From: texas, usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, any hormonal birth control can cause changes in menstruation.

However, as Gumdrop Girl said, STD/STIs (something teens are far more at risk for than pregnancy) are not affected by hormonal birth control. Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To can help decide what to use when to protect yourself and your partner.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.