Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Could there be trouble...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could there be trouble...
xsweety85ox
Activist
Member # 8044

Icon 4 posted      Profile for xsweety85ox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...
Me and my g/f just had sex.. well this week she should be getting her period, i believe tomorrow or wednesday.. i put the condom on b4 under my boxers since we were getting kinda close and i didnt wanna leak over everywhere, she was on top and she inserted my penis, about 3 mins i came, and then i took my penis out, she thought it slipped out and atemped to put it back and noticed the condom was gone, we both jumped up and look around, there was cum all over my penis so i still firguring if my cum that was on my penis went into her it would show up in big spots, anyway, after a min and found nuttin on my bed or floor i serached up in her vagina and found it and pulled it out, no way to tell anything since her fluids were all over it, the condom was a trojan lubricant latex condom... me being non knowledged freaked and told her to go wash it even if it doesnt it would help my mind. i know im wrong, but im only 18 i didnt know and scared.. now i called my brother and he said it happened to him and the girl was fine, i think the spermicide would kill off any sperm in the vagina... and the chances of us getting our hands.. on the morning after pill is hard without of parents knowing and she feels ashamed, so i wanna keep this between us.. i wanna know if we could get a medicine (ECP) from duane reade or what are my chances or what could we do...

Posts: 41 | From: astoria, ny, us | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please, register a new name for every person who wants to use this board.

The wisest thing to do would be to get ECP (call her doctor, a clinic, or an emergency room NOW). Otherwise, she'll have to wait to see if she gets a normal period, and, if not (or even if so, just for peace of mind), take a pregnancy test. The spermicide found on condoms really isn't enough to do anything more than irritate the genitals, so unfortunately, it won't kill sperm that may find its way into you girlfried.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Sink, swim, go down with the ship, but use your freedom of choice!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spermicdes are actually not very effective. So, if you do not wish to have a pregnancy, I would encourage your partner to obtain emergency contraception.

Because in your brother's case a pregnancy did not occur does not mean the same will be in your case: whether or not pregnancy occurs depends on more than a given birth control method being used or failing -- it's about if your partner was fertile and if she was, if your sperm reached that fertile egg, which to a large degree, is the luck of the draw. In his case, he got lucky. There's no telling whether or not you will.

ECP cannot be obtained over the counter in the US. So, your best bet is to obtain it from your local Planned Parenthood clinic, GP, or emergency room.

For future reference, it's best to only put a condom on when you are ready to use it. And since a condom worn under clothing is likely to get dried out, if you're going to do that and then have intercourse, you should use a brand new condom for inttercourse.

As well, birth control failures or mishaps aren't very unusual and they do happen, and are nothing to be ashamed of. If your partner feels ashamed about sexual activity, I'd suggest she really evaluate if it's the right thing for her right now -- feeling ashamed about sex and engaging in it anyway tends to not be a very positive thing for anyone to be doing.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xsweety85ox
Activist
Member # 8044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xsweety85ox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i if she gets her period tomorrow she's fine? she won't be pregnant?
Posts: 41 | From: astoria, ny, us | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xsweety85ox
Activist
Member # 8044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xsweety85ox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how much are ecp's?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not neccessarily. Conception isn't often instantanous. It would be pretty unlikely for her to become pregnant if she has her period within a day or two after intercourse, yes.

But younger women without regular cycles, or women with very short cycles could become pregnant AFTER their periods, because sperm can live in the vagina for as long as a week. So, gambling really isn't advised.

The MAP is generally around $25. It's incredibly affordable.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.