Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » sex is very painful!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex is very painful!
Uhmanduh22
Neophyte
Member # 12397

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Uhmanduh22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok...
I had sex with my b/f~ at first it hurt pretty bad but once he got going it the pained eased up a litle. Well we did it again several other times (3) and it still hurt and he had trouble getting it in (he's extremely thick and I'm pretty tight)and then last night we had sex again and he couldn't even get it in it hurt so bad. I'm going to make an appointment with a gyno soon (first time) but in the meantime I was wondering if that was common? or it could be something serious? and could prevent me from getting pregnant in the furture?
Thank you very much!

------------------
~Amanda~

Posts: 1 | From: woodstock, ga, US | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you for getting yourself an appointment to see a gyno. It's essential you get regular gynecological checks now that you are sexually active.
Please tell your doc about the painful intercourse - docs can only help when they know all your concerns and get your full medical history.

For now, rest assured that what you experience is quite common for those first starting out intercourse.
If you had a hymen, it's possible that it takes a few attemots at intercourse to erode.
Secondly, have you given yourself rest between all these attempts? Very often, lack of lubrication can cause tiny abrasions that can take a while to heal. Trying intercouse again too quickly can then be uncomfortable. - SO give your genitals a break. In the future, make sure you are aroused and actually wanting intercourse (keep in mind that arousal works best the fewer things we have to worry about, i.e. when one doesn't have to worry about parents walking in or pregnancy) and team your condoms up with a good quality, water based, condom safe lubricant, such as Astroglide.

There is no such thing as "being tight". The vagina is a muscular structure that can accomodate things of a variety of sizes: pretty much any sized penis, a tampon, after lots of stretching even a babies head during birth.
Lack of lubrication however, and lack of arousal can cause you to feel too tight.

Having difficulty during your first few tries at intercourse is nothing to stress about and will not have an impact on your ability to give birth.

Hope this eases your mind for now. - However, please ask your doc about all this again, too, ok?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lastly (forgot this): check out our article First Intercourse 101, which is full of fab advice on how to make intercourse work the first few times around.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: Well, I'm not good and I'm okay.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.