Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » unsure about cycle/pregancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unsure about cycle/pregancy
cooliogirl106
Neophyte
Member # 12203

Icon 4 posted      Profile for cooliogirl106     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

I've always been pretty careful about protection with my boyfriend, except for this one time:

Two saturdays ago my boyfriend and I were fooling around and he entered and then withdrew from me without a condom. He really wasn't in there for more that 3 seconds tops, I would barely call it sexual intercourse (though I know technically it was). I was very close to the end my cyle. The following Wednesday I got my period. I have very small chances of being pregnant, correct?

Posts: 3 | From: haddonfield, nj, usa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I understand you, you're saying that five days after this incident, you began your period?

If so, then yes, it would be unlikely you became pregnant.

In the off chance however that your next period is late, take a pregnancy test.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67161 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cooliogirl106
Neophyte
Member # 12203

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cooliogirl106     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me again, more on my continuing saga.

Yesterday in the afternoon I noticed some bleeding and I'm not on my period. I've heard this is a symptom of early pregnancy/conception. Is this true?

I decided today to take a pregnancy test. One thing that confused me was the directions said you should only take the test when your period is late. But I heard that if its 10-14 days after you've had intercourse you can take one. So I did and it came out negative. Is there another possible reason I could have bled? Should I go get a better test at a clinic?

Posts: 3 | From: haddonfield, nj, usa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.