Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » no period & no pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no period & no pregnancy?
boomerqt
Neophyte
Member # 4742

Icon 2 posted      Profile for boomerqt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so my period was about 8 days late. So I took a pregnancy test and it turned out to be negative. Well I'm still not having my period and it is now 10 days late. Is there still a possiblity that I could be pregnant or could this be the cause of something else?

thanks!

Posts: 5 | From: Crofton, md, usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you took the test, how long had it been since you had a pregnancy risk?

And how great was that risk?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boomerqt
Neophyte
Member # 4742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boomerqt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took it 15 days after having protected (using male condom)intercourse with my boyfrined. Isn't the time limit normally 10 to 14 days. I was pretty sure that I waited long enough.
Posts: 5 | From: Crofton, md, usa | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is generally long enough, yes.

And if your condom was worn for ALL genital contact, from start to finish, and did not rip, tear or slip off, you didn't have a pregnancy risk at all.

If your periods are not normally irregular, I'd visit your GYN if in the next month, it doesn't right itself, because yes, late or absent periods can be caused by many things, not just pregnancy.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boomerqt
Neophyte
Member # 4742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for boomerqt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for you advice.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.