Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Wondering.........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wondering.........
Hyperlite2003
Neophyte
Member # 11877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperlite2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I have been dating close to a year now and have been having sex for the last month. She is on an oral contraceptive (Yasmin), which she has been on for just under a year and ALWAYS takes within an hour of her scheduled "time" if not right at her "time"; and I use a condom during sex everytime. We are both each other's first partners so neither of us are worried about STD's. This afternoon my girlfriend and I had sex. However, unlike the other times, as I pulled out, I noticed that the condom had come off inside of her. I told her so and she said that she had not noticed a strange feeling as I was cumming inside of her. So we checked inside of the condom and it was filled with semen. My question is: Should we make an apointment with our local planned parenthood in order to get EC? If not what are the chances of her becoming pregnant?(She has another week and a half til her period.) Also how can we prevent this from happening again (the condom was on "securely" when I put it on)

Thanks A Lot In Advance

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's been on the pill that long and is that good about it, there is no reason to consider EC. Really, not a one. It can't do more than the pill taken as directed can.

Just an FYI: generally, it's best to get annual STI and STD screens regardless of having no previous partners. Why? Because some infections (like bacterial vaginosis) can just develop between you. others you can contract nonsexually. And it's just part of looking out for your sexual health. Your girlfriend can juyst bring that up at her annual GYN exams.

In terms of preventing that from happening again, it's a good idea to just check once or twice during sex with your hand that the base of the condom is still at the base of your penis. if you find this slipping-off happens often, you can look into snugger-fit condoms with a slightly smaller ring size, as well.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops!

You also want to be sure that as you withdraw, you are holding the base of the condom with your hand. You may be doing that already and this time it just slipped that much, but wanted to be sure you knew that.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyperlite2003
Neophyte
Member # 11877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperlite2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You Very Much....Thats what we thought but wanted to be sure. Everytime I withdraw I hold the base just in case. Everything I learned in my LMS (Life Management Skills) Class from high school has actually HELPED! LoL Thank You about the info on STD's. I will tell her all of this.

Thank You Once Again....

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyperlite2003
Neophyte
Member # 11877

I was just curious what the chances of her becoming pregnant are if:

1) I came inside the condom, but it slipped off as I was pulling out?

2) The condom came off during sex and I came inside of her?

(She is on Yasmin (Birth-Control) and takes it as prescribed within and hour of her "scheduled-time")

I'm sorry for asking again but both She and I are extremely nervous about waiting until next week for her period to occur...

Thanks

Hyperlite2003
Neophyte
Member # 11877

Sorry, In addition to my question(s) above.... I also had one question to clarify how soon a Pregnancy Test can detect the specific hormone within a woman's system?
In other words how many day's after sex can we use a test? (Is it 3-4 days or 10-14 days?)

Thank's Once Again....

-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's been taking the pill correctly her chances of pregnancy are very, very low. However, if the condom failed (and coming off early counts as failure) you both have a STD/STI risk, as Miz Scarlet said.

Pregnancy tests may be taken 10-14 days after the risk or once a period is missed.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.