Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » what are the chances!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what are the chances!?!
frenchy
Activist
Member # 11720

Icon 11 posted      Profile for frenchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your on the pill and you dont use a condom during sex but he doesn't 'cum' inside of you what are risks of getting pregnant?
Since 2 days ago i was 11 hours late for taking the 'pill' (since then the times have been spot on), but a few hours ago i had sex without a condom and he didn't 'cum' in me.
What are the chances?

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you use the pill correctly and consistently, it protects you well from pregnancy and your pregnancy risk during condom-less sex would be low. - However, your STD risk would be high, - as always when you are not practising Safer Sex and you and your partner haven't had at least 2 clean screens, six months apart.

Taking the pill "correctly and consistently" however, means taking the pill at the same time every day.
Whether being 11 hours late influenced your pill's reliability depends on your pill type and in what week of your pill pack: check what the insert of your pill pack says about missing pills or call your doc.

As you probably know, withdrawal is not a method of birth control (there is sperm in pre-ejaculate) - you hence had unprotected during a time when you might not have been fully protected by your pill, - and that's why you might want to think about emergency contraception.

I'd give the doc who perscribed me the pill a call and ask for her/his opinion. Also make an appointment for an STD screen if you and your partner haven't had two clean ones 6 months apart.

For more, check out

Emergency Contraception

and

Planned Parenthood: Staying on Schedule Matters

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.