Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Oh by the way

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh by the way
cassandra
Activist
Member # 8802

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cassandra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we used a condom im i am very sure that it did not break but when i pulled it off he got some on his hand. then about 10-15 minutes later im sure his hands dried he started to touch me on the clitoris but i had my panties on.but i was kinda wet, so would the sperm seep through, but wouldnt they have died when his hands dried?im feeling sick lately (this was about 2-3 weeks ago). so sorry. thank you.
Posts: 97 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to reply to you in this thread, instead of the other.

If it's been two or three weeks since this happened - if it's been two weeks, minimum - you can take a pregnancy test. Follow the directions on the box.

If it comes up positive, go see your doctor.

If it comes up negative, wait a week. If your period happens, you are probably not pregnant. Take another pregnancy test, a week after the first.

Does this help?

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassandra
Activist
Member # 8802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassandra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeh thanks...can i get a abortion without my parents knowing then please i need help. please. thank you.
Posts: 97 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reasons I didn't answer your question about abortion are:

1. The first thing you need to do is take a pregnancy test. You may not even be pregnant, especially since the substance on your boyfriend's hands may simply have been vaginal lubrication if you used a condom properly. Check out this for more: What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

2. I don't know what country you are in, and I have not been able to find any laws regarding minors and abortion in Great Britain. Perhaps another Advocate - maybe one who lives in your country - will be of more help to you.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Maypole/The ties that bind you will unwind/To free me one day/And everything decays..." - XTC, "The Wheel and the Maypole"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a summary of UK law and guidelines for doctors:

http://www.nelh.nhs.uk/guidelinesdb/html/fulltext-guidelines/InducedAbortion.html

Basically, since you are under 16, the doctor has to decide whether or not you are capable of giving informed consent to an abortion on your own.

She or he has an obligation to encourage you to involve your parents, but should not override your views if you want to keep it confidential (except in cases of suspected child abuse, incest or exploitation).

However, if you are pregnant, I'd really recommend telling your parents (unless doing so would actually put you in danger). Trying to hide your sex life from your family creates all sorts of risks.

And of course, before you start thinking about abortion, you need to take a pregnancy test.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassandra
Activist
Member # 8802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassandra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, now that i know this i just have one more question kinda for logic girl, if i were to have an abortion would i go to a clinic or hospitol and how much would it cost, not that money actually matters. Thank you and im sorry too.
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cassandra, have you actually taken a pregnancy test yet?

From what you've described, your pregnancy risk is really pretty low, so there's a strong chance that you're not pregnant at all.

If you are pregnant and decide to have an abortion, then a good strategy would be to call the Marie Stopes helpline on 0845 300 80 90. They will be able to find the clinic nearest to you and answer any questions you may have.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassandra
Activist
Member # 8802

i just wanna take precautions just in case i am. well felt a sharp pinch on the right side of my uterus.and i had peed quite a bit over the weekend, they are symptoms, i read them in a science book) . im sorry if this sounds really stupid but i am really scared.ive found a hospital where i can get it done.how long is it before i cant have an abortion anymore. thankyou and sorry. youre really helping me out loads.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They CAN be symptoms.

Those things can also by symptoms of a MILLION different condtions, or no condition at all.

Take a pregnancy test. When you do, we'll be happy to help with the rest. But until you do, you're limiting all your options from the onset and none of this means a thing in the rhetorical. If you need the rhetporical, logic gave you the line for Marie Stopes (who will also tell you you need a bloody test done).

We'd love to help you out loads, but the truth is, if you refuse to get a test done, you're not actually using the help, you're ignoring it. So at this point, until you take that test, consider this thread sitting in wait, on you. No one can do this stuff for you -- you have to do it yourself. You are taking no precautions right now at all -- you're simply putting off the first step and making any others that might follow even more difficult.

Since it's unlikely you're pregnant at all, chances are also high you're making high drama and a crisis when there need not be one. Go take the test.

When you do, feel free to post again on this.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.