Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » am i pregnant? need response asap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i pregnant? need response asap
Snow White26
Neophyte
Member # 11547

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Snow White26     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. Ovulation mostly occurs 2 weeks before your period/ 2 weeks after. My period just ended, and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, HOWEVER he did not ejaculate. I don't think there is any way i can get ECPs. Do I even need to worry? I mean...there's no way i could be ovulating right? Please, i need to know what other people think. And also, can you get pregnant, from "pre-cum" ?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts:

quote:
Did you have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse (no condom, no other birth control of any kind), but WITHOUT ejaculation into or onto the vagina or vaginal area?

If you DID have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse but the man DID NOT ejaculate, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test/Morning After Pill and an STD screening.

The withdrawl method or "pulling out" is not a method of contraception. Your pregnancy risk is around the same throughout your entire cycle. Unless you have had your period for years, on time, chart it and check your cervical mucus, you really can't know what time you will be less likely to become pregnant. People find out when they are ovulating generally to find out when it is *best* to become pregnant, rather than as a method of contraception. Unprotected sex also puts you at risk of contracting a number of nasty STDs, so go and get tested ASAP.

You might also want to read Am I pregnant? and Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options.

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 01-21-2003).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shrug*
You might have gotten pregnant, you might not have. Pre-ejaculate can indeed contain sperm, and ovulation can be pretty unpredictable, especially in girls who haven't been menstruating very long. If you can get to a doctor, clinic, or emergency room within 72 hours of the incident, you should be able to ECP. If not, wait ten days, take a test, and make arrangements for STI testing. Next time, just grab a condom and some waterbased lube, the $10 or however much those'll cost and the couple seconds it'll take to use them will be the peace of mind, don't you think?

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

It was a good lay. . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for the record, the only way to know with any accuracy when you ovulate is by having charted your cycles regularly for a good while -- at least a year -- and only after your cycle has regulated. Even then, you can only know when you have ovulated each month AFTER it has occurred.

When women ovulate varies. Yes, the majority of women ovulate AROUND early mid-cycle. Were that to have been the case with you, you actually would have a sizeable risk in an instance like this because sperm can live in the vagina for as long as five days.

So, if you have unprotected sex on, let's say, day seven, and let's say you ovulate on day 12, the sperm can still be there to fertilize that egg.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68215 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.