Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please help me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help me!
chicaswim4
Neophyte
Member # 11124

Icon 9 posted      Profile for chicaswim4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Monday, my boyfriend and I were "fooling around." From what I could tell, his penis rubbed up against me for about 30 seconds. However, he didn't actually ejaculate or go inside me, so I am still a virgin. In addition, I've been taking Mircette Birth Control for over a year religiously. I am on my last week of pills this week and my period is due tomorrow. However, I've been feeling rather sick. I'm assuming it's due to the holidays from all the different foods I've been eating (i.e. cheesecake, egg nog, etc.) but I'm still worried. Do you think I'm okay? Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts to assess your pregnancy risk. It seems like your pregnancy risk is very low, but you're the only one who can decide. Also, it sounds like you're pretty well protected--when used properly, oral contraceptives are very effective, so you should be fine. I think your pregnancy risk is incredibly low. Furthermore, please note that feeling ill, having an odd appetite, or whatever is not a sign of pregnancy. There really are no surefire signs of pregnancy, other than a home pregnancy test. Have a happy holiday!

ps--want to learn more about the pill's effectiveness and how it works? http://www.plannedparenthood.org/BIRTH-CONTROL/YOU_AND_PILL.HTM

[This message has been edited by Ashy (edited 12-25-2002).]

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chicaswim4
Neophyte
Member # 11124

Icon 6 posted      Profile for chicaswim4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for your promt response. Just an update, but I started my period right on schedule. It was the happiest I'd ever been to see it! But next time, in addition to my birth control pills, I will make him use a condom. I feel so much more relived. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please also remember that the pill offers NO protection from STDs and STIs.

So, if you do not wish to transmit or contract sexually transmitted diseases or infections, birth control by itself just isn't enough. For that reason alone, using condoms for genital contact is a Very Good Idea.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.