Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnant of pre-cum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant of pre-cum?
blv
Neophyte
Member # 10704

Icon 9 posted      Profile for blv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i continue having unprotected sex after my pre-cum with my gf.. it is possible 4 her 2 get pregnant?? her period is 4 days late.. we are extremely worried..!!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had unprotected sex with your girlfriend, she is most definitely at risk for pregnancy, and you both are at risk for STDs.

If her period is late, she can take a pregnancy test, and I highly suggest that she does.

For more about the risks from various sexual activities, and what you can do to minimize them, check out these articles:

What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment

Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blv
Neophyte
Member # 10704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i did pull out during pre-cum and cum.. still at high risk??
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pre-ejaculate occurs without your knowing it. Even if you do notice it, it still happens more than once. Generally, pre-ejaculate is released quite a few times during the course of an erection. So while you may think you're catching it before it happens, you're almost certainly not.

So yes, your girlfriend most assuredly could be pregnant. You both also have an STD risk. I suggest you get yourselves to a clinic ASAP for a pregnancy test and some STD testing. And then I suggest you get some condoms so that this doesn't happen again.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. It's very possible to produce pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) and not notice it, and really, any time a penis is inside a vagina with no contraception, that's a pregnancy and disease risk.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Better living through Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lastly, continuing to do something foolish when you know better is simply asking for poor consequences.

If you do NOT have the information you need to -- like knowing what risks this puts you at -- then stop and take the time to get that information in full before you're sexually active again. And if you can't be sexually active responsibly, you simply are not ready to be sexually active.

The links provided above can give you that information, you just need to take the time to read it -- if you had, you wouldn't have asked yet again about the risk of withdrawal because you'd have known the answer.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.