Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Worried Worried Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried Worried Worried
engelmo
Neophyte
Member # 10624

Icon 9 posted      Profile for engelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please help me, i am scared to death.

My boyfriend and i have been having sex for about 3 months now, and we have been using condoms. Normally, when i get my period, its light for the first day, and then i starts to get heavy. I started to get the light flow 3 days ago, and then 2 days ago, i just got BARELY anything, and today, i got BARELY anything... not even enough for a tampon. This is really scaring me. I told my mom (who doesnt know i am having sex ) and she said "as long as there is no fear of you being pregnant, there is nothing to worry about." Is this is sign of pregnancy? Having really light, barely ANY flow on your period?? If it is, has enough time passed that i can go buy one of those pregnancy tests or something? Please help.

Posts: 2 | From: MO | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you have been using condoms *correctly* (with water-based lube, no slips no breaks) then your chances of geting pregnant are next to nil.

When a woman gets pregnant, the cells implant in the uterus, tearing a small hole in the wall and burrowing in. this can cause very slight bleeding. it is much lighter and shorter in duration than a true menstrual period.

so it is possible that you could be seeing implantation bleeding. of course, there is a real chance that your period is just being screwy. im going to assume you are young enough for that to be a real possiblity.

so if you are worried, hurry up and take a home pregnancy test. in the event that you pregnant, you will need as much time as possible to consider your options.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.