Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » some sort of infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: some sort of infection?
bubbles05
Neophyte
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubbles05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm about ready to die...I have little red bumps that itch like crazy and hurt down there! I dont have unusal discharge so I don't think its a yeast infection...please help me and try to tell me what I can do to stop the itching!
Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can see your doctor and get properly diagnosed. Please do not try to treat yourself - it may not be a yeast infection so treating it as such may just make things worse.

However, plain yoghurt may make things feel better until you can see a doctor.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babe, this could be lots of different things, and I know that tomorrow morning you are going to make an appointment with your gynecologist so you can know what this is and get it treated.

Till then, I would tell you to get some plain, unsweetened organic yogurt and put it where the itch is - this won't hurt you and if it IS a yeast infection, could help a lot. The coolness can help.

Ice packs can help.

Also, as sort of a last resort, there's a cream you can get called Vagi-Gard; it's specifically made for itching and irritation in the vulvar area, and I remember having the worst yeast infection ever and clawing at my back...till I got this stuff. You should be able to find it or something like it at the drugstore.

But you NEED to see your doc ASAP so that whatever this is can get treated and go away!

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one extra note: there are other possibilities beyond yeast infections, including pubic lice, which is HIGHLY common in young folks, and which is also VERY contagious, because they can crawl around everywhere and infect other members of your family via towels, sheets and the like.

So, not to make you paranoid, but do get to the doctor, not only -- and most importantly -- for your own health, but to make sure what's up with you isn't something others may need to be infomed about.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubbles05
Neophyte
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubbles05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today...it looks real rashy...little pinky red bumps...they itch and hurt...and when I pee they really hurt...I put some kinda itch relief on it!
Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of any other way to say it:

YOU. DOCTOR. NOW.

Whatever it is is not going to get better on its own, and it might well get worse. The sooner you go to the doctor and get this treated properly, the better.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.