Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sick & Stressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sick & Stressed
Sheriti
Neophyte
Member # 107363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheriti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Scarleteen Staff, sorry for bothering you with this 'essay'.

Approximately three weeks ago me and my partner went further than usual in our normal sessions, and his penis briefly brushed passed (less than 5 seconds) my vulva entrance. He neither ejuclaulated before or afterwards (he has yet to have ejaculated any time with me), and may have had only precum on his penis tip. That being said it was still enough to give me a shock, as I'm aware that naked rubbing can result in pregnancy.

Knowing I had to wait two weeks until a HPT was effective did not help my nerves, and I ended up seeing symptoms such as sore breasts and muscle cramps. Again this managed to keep my stress levels high and around two and a bit weeks after the incident I came down with mono- not transmitted from him, but by a good girlfriend of mine (and not by kissing, just to clarify).

To make matters even worse the day I was diagnosed with mono I got my period, pretty much exactly when expected in terms of calendar dates. This is quite rare for me as I've had erratic periods for the majority of my teen life and even passed my teens they can still be rather unreliable.

When I went to the doctor to treat the mono I requested a prescription for Yasmin; currently I'm waiting till a) I finish my current period and b) I'm off any medications to start the new box thats sitting in my cupboard. Yet I really need to put some fears to rest (or get some solid slaps in the face).

I'm aware of the different discharges a woman can potentially have whilst pregnant. Currently I'm experiencing what appears to be the norm for my period. I'm the fourth day in and it's behaving as it normally does. However I've read (the Internet is a 'wonderful' place for a scared individual) that decidual bleeding is often mistaken for a period during early pregnancy. Can you expand on this? Is it simply spotting, like implant bleeding, or is it a 'mock period'? Thus should I be worried? Also when should I take a HPT after a period, when my body is currently struggling against a serious viral infection? I don't want to go through the pains of a false result due to my current state.

I have read most of your articles, but it always helps to have a personal response. Especially for me- I have the sort of personality that tends to fuss out over details for extended periods of time.

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Sheriti and welcome to Scarleteen,

Mono can definitely put one's body through the wringer, so my sympathies to you!

If you have read our articles, you'll know that the only way to know if one is pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test. So, rather than talking about whether what you're experiencing is a real period or not, I suggest the first step to instead take is to either get a home pregnancy test or go to your doctor and request they conduct a pregnancy test.

However, I can clear up one thing for you: The sore breasts and muscle cramps you experienced, given the timetable you've laid out, would not be associated with pregnancy. Pregnancy symptoms don't show up right after the sexual activity.

For more information on the timetable and process of reproduction, take a look at this:

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriti
Neophyte
Member # 107363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheriti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.