Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can't feel any pleasure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't feel any pleasure
chromatography
Neophyte
Member # 101069

Icon 9 posted      Profile for chromatography     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is kind of an embarassing question, but everyone here seems really nice, so I may as well ask. >.<
I have an issue with not being able to feel any pleasure down there with any kind of stimulation. It feels just like any other part of my body, and it's been this way for as long as I can remember. I've read through and tried everything on this site, but nothing feels good, and I've been trying for the past 2 years. I really want to have sexual experiences at some point, everything there looks normal, and I don't have any mental inhibitions towards sex. Lately I've been scared that there's something physically wrong with me, what should I do? Do I need to talk to a doctor about it?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen, chromatography!

When you masturbate, how do you start? Do you wait until you are horny, or do you just give it a try? Where do you touch yourself? Have you tried exploring your body to look for stimulation that feels good to you? What's your mind-set when it comes to masturbation? Are you able to relax and see where it takes you, or do you stay focus and pressure yourself to feel something?

Answers to those questions will help us get to the bottom of what's going on.

It is unlikely that there is any underlying physical cause for this. But if you are concerned, it's absolutely fine to make an appointment with a doctor or gynecologist and address your concerns with them.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chromatography
Neophyte
Member # 101069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chromatography     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried waiting until I felt like it and not waiting, and I've always been relaxed and tried a lot of places, it's just lately that I've started to get frustrated. I try to just go with it, but nothing feels good or even unusual.
I'm pretty okay towards masturbation, I don't think its a taboo or anything.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi chromatography,

It can be pretty frustrating when your body won't do what you think it should be able to. Know that how much sexual sensation someone has varies from person to person, and also from time to time in one person's life. So, while experiencing pleasure in one's genitals is terrific, it's not all there is to sexual experience. I'm not in any way saying that this is something you need to give up on; I'm wondering if it would be helpful to focus on other aspects of your sexuality for a while.

Let's take a step back from the idea of genitally-focussed pleasure. Are there other parts of your body that give you pleasure when you or someone else touches them? What type of sexual stimulation makes you feel aroused?

Have you seen this article?

With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.