Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy Likelihood? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pregnancy Likelihood?
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cherylcakes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i took another test- it was negative [Smile]

this makes it 68 days since the first risk, 65 and 64 days since the second, 51 since the third, 3 days after which i had the period like bleeding for 4-5 days. would the result be accurate? i took the EC on the 12th of october, two daya after my period like bleeding ended. i still havent got my period for november..:/

i shall try to make an appointment as soon as i can.

Posts: 135 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the degree of stress you've put yourself through, it's not surprising you haven't gotten your period yet.

Related to Heather's comment above, would you like to discuss how you can find support (for anything really) in your everyday life so you don't escalate into a panic like this again?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cherylcakes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes... Yes i would [Smile]
this morning ive spent some time looking up sexual health services in my area, and have found that, if i was pregnant, there is plenty of support out there whatever i chose [Smile]

so you definitely think that the stress is contributing to my period being late?

Posts: 135 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

had the negative resut verified at the GUM clinic- this makes it 5 negatives, one of which was a hospital nurse doing it- why cant i let this go? [Frown]
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very glad to hear that you got to the clinic.

This fear has been clinging to you for several months now. I strongly suggest that you seek some professional help, as in a counsellor, to work through this. That's not a criticism of you. Fear, or a feeling of any type that lasts this long tends to root itself pretty deeply, and I think you would benefit from working with someone who is trained to help people deal with deeply-rooted fears of any type.

What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

can you help me find a service in my area? or give me suggestions of where to turn? [Smile]
Cherylcakes
Activist
Member # 98294

just thought id let you know, i started bleeding today [Big Grin] can i rest completely easy now?
you can be shot f me now [Wink]
thankyou for your invaluable help, i wont forget it. [Smile]

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we're in the position to tell you to rest easy now or that if we did, it'd likely have any impact. I think we've already been clear that it's very clear you are not pregnant, and than continuing to think you must be isn't sound.

So, really, this is about you and up to you to let go of. And if you find that with all these tests, all this affirmation, and a period you still can't let it go, or won't, then again, we'd suggest you see if you can't access a counselor to help you get to the bottom of this.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.