Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I hate to jump on this bandwagon but i'm hoping for an answer. Not a link.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate to jump on this bandwagon but i'm hoping for an answer. Not a link.
kristink8
Neophyte
Member # 96466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kristink8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on Sprintec for 2 years or so. I'm a sunday starter and take my pill very consistently at 7pm.
My boyfriend and I had sex without a condom (I know the withdrawal method doesn't work so no need to tell me, but i'm just saying that he did pull out) yesterday(sunday) around 2pm. That was the 5th day of my period. That evening I forgot to take my pill. It's Monday now. I took my sunday starter around 3PM and took my monday pill just now(7pm).

What are the chances of pregnancy? I'm extremely low on money and can't really afford Plan B so I have my fingers crossed.

i know there are a lot of "am i pregnant" questions, and i'm sorry to bother and be one of those people, but i had to. just hoping someone will take a second to give me an actual answer and not a redirecting link to an article.

Thanks
-Kris

Posts: 12 | From: Charleston | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, kristink8: did you read up about our limits with these kinds of question in the post at the top of this forum: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

Also, do you feel like you understand the difference in your pill's effectiveness rates between typical and perfect use?

Should also mention that it's not accurate to say withdrawal doesn't work. In typical use, it's the least effective of all methods -- at somewhere between 73 - 82% effectiveness. But in perfect use, it's estimated to be around 96% effective. Again, most other methods are more effective than that in perfect use, but still, none of those percentages are anything close to 0.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.