Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » How on earth could I have got this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How on earth could I have got this?
Frenchiex
Neophyte
Member # 96381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchiex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently went to the doctors after I'd been feeling sore for a few days and had found pimples on my vagina. She said it looked like Herpes and she was 50% sure. I'm being honest here when i say I've never had unprotected sex. Ever, I mean never without a condom. I explanied this to her but that's what she said it looked like and has prescribed me antibioctics. This has obviously shocked me and my boyfriend. I know you can get genitial herpes if your partner has a cold sore and then gives you oral sex or the other way around but we have never done that while either of us has had cold sores. My boyfriend has no symptoms either, even though he must have given it to me. Please help me figure out where this came from?

--------------------
T.T.French

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't happen very often, but it is possible for the herpes virus to be transmitted even if no sores are present. So that could be what happened in your case. And, when we're talking about penis-in-vagina intercourse, condoms aren't as effective at preventing herpes as they are other STIs, because herpes is an STI that's spread through skin-to-skin contact, and condoms don't cover all the skin that can be affected.

Did your doctor take a swab of one of the sores to make sure that it was herpes? I'm a little confused as to why she would have prescribed you medication without confirming what it was, especially because if it is herpes, antibiotics won't do anything. What was the name of the medication she gave you?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5775 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchiex
Neophyte
Member # 96381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchiex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes she took a swab to check but she thought it was best to treat it for that because I had already left it for three days and it hurt a lot. The cant remember the name, but the medicene is specific for treating herpes. So it should help. I hope.

--------------------
T.T.French

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchiex
Neophyte
Member # 96381

I've also had very watery/runny discharge that ive never had before, do you think this is just a response from my body to the infection. I'm hoping it'll just go back to normal once the infection dies down. Do you agree?

--------------------
T.T.French

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.