Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » worried?!? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: worried?!?
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a few questiongs if someone could please answer them.
1. Is it a bad thing if i dont take my pill at the same time every day. Like in the morning some times then at night others and sometimes at 1am?
2. Is it bad if my coverias are tender?
3. How does someone over come being raped and dealing with flashbacks?
4. I am very self contios now more then i was before i was raped is this common for that to happen?
Please i can use all the answers or help i can get.
p.s I am hoping Robin can read this and answer some i havnt heard from her in a while and i liked how she was able to talk to me and answer me in a way i was able to understand.
Diamond

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also I am sorry for all of my posts. I am lonely thats all and wanting answesrs and someone to kind of talk to. I do have an advicate that i meet face to face but sometimes its easier to type rather then talk i guess. I know i might be crossing bonderis and i am sorry for that. I know there are a lot of others on this site that need help as well. I feel comfortable coming on here and experecing my feelings regarding my rape and my concerns about sexuality. I am wanting everyone to know that this is an awesome site and that i am glad i was able to find it. It is so incridele how we get answers and how we feel like we are heard. So thanks and once again sorry if i have crossed any bonderies. Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Diamond,

I'm so glad to hear that you feel heard here. [Smile]

1. It's not necessarily a bad thing to take your pill at different times if you're not using it for birth control. To be used as birth control, it does need to be taken at the same time of day. It's often easier to remember to take pills, in general, if they're taken at around the same time every day, either at the same (like 10 o'clock) or at the time when something happens (like every day with lunch).

2. Can you tell me what you mean by coverias? I'm not sure what you mean.
3. Recovering from the effects of a rape can take time, as can dealing with flashbacks. Some people find that time is what helps the most, and a lot of people find that seeing a counsellor or therapist helps a lot. There are strategies that a therapist can teach a person, especially when dealing with flashbacks, and the therapist also helps the person process (go through) the feelings and thoughts to help them not be as strong. Some people find that support groups can help, or that reading books about surviving rape can help.

So, in short, there are a lot of different ways that people work with the thoughts, feelings and reactions that they're left with after a rape.

4. Can you talk a little more about how you feel self-conscious? I'm not sure exactly what kind of self-consciousness you're referring to.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Sorry i meant overais my bad! lol [Smile] and i am not taking them for birth control they are for helping with my really bad cramps. I get to the point where i get sick, cant move or eat or do anything the pain is so bad.
Like i dont think i am pretty, and i think every person knows that i was raped I feel fat when i know i am not. I have a hard time changeding or being in a swim sute. I am afraid i will never be able to be with someone from this all tho i want one.
Can you help me find free to low cost counseling please? I would love to go i just dont have the money. I am going to school in 2 weeks and they dont offer free sessions they are like 150 a session. Is that possible that you can help me?
If i did not say enough just ask! [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Diamond,

How long have your ovaries been tender?

It's understandable that you would feel self-conscious and uncomfortable in your body. Your body was violated in a pretty serious way. Some of feeling better about this, again, will be time.

Are there things you can do that help you be more comfortable? Like things that you wear that feel more comfortable than other things? What are some things you enjoy doing that involve your body (some examples might be going for a walk, brushing your hair, etc).

I'm sorry to hear your school doesn't offer free or low-cost counselling. I'll ask around to the other staff and volunteers to see if we can come up with some ideas for where you can look. I'd also suggest talking to your advocate, as she'll have a better idea of what is available in your area.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

they have been for a long time like 4 months i am getting a ultra sound on monday. I am nervous they wont find anything. Also Robin can i talk to you and maybe send an email if thats ok. I tried messeging you on here it didnt work. I want to talk about what happened and dont want everyone to see. I trut you the most because it seems like you acctually care about me and are able to talk to me in a level of sensitivity that i need.

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Does that make sense or not? I mean if it is not possible thats fine just let me know. please.

PS im sorr for being a pest.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI Diamond,

I'm glad to hear you'll be going for an ultrasound to see what's up with your ovaries. If the ultrasound doesn't show anything, the doctor can still work with you to figure out what is going on and also to manage the pain.

As a Scarleteen volunteer, talking to you privately really isn't something I can do. Part of making sure you get the best service possible is making sure that that service is provided in a space where it can be monitored. I'm certainly happy to talk with you here about anything you'd like to talk about. I can assure you that you won't be judged.

We were talking last night about you finding counselling. Do you have a way to get in touch with your advocate? I think she'd be a really good person for you to start with, as she'll be most familiar with the services available either where you live or where you go to school.

Also, and, no, I'm not mad about this, but I noticed this morning that you posted the same post in two separate places, and Joey and I ended up both answering you. For future reference, if you post something, we *do see it and we *will* get to it. We do our best for there to be overlap between people being around, but since, as we've mentioned before, we're all on different time zones, sometimes this just doesn't work out. You don't need to post something twice to get our attention though. Your posts are loud and clear, and important. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok sorry about that i tried deleting the other one and it wouldnt let me. And even if i post my story and i keep my name and stuff out will i be able to have someone talk to me and what not. I understand there are limiets and so i thought that id ask. I am going to ask my advicate i also got a few from this thing called crisis chat so i have a few that i can call and see what i can do. Once again I am sorry. [Smile] thanks for being so caring [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Terrific. I'm really glad you're working on finding resources.

What would best help you right now?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

still checking in with me and letting me talk when i need to?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Is there anything you'd like to talk about today?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i had a great day yesterday all tho i was sad and i dont know why. I have my apt tomorrow can i let you know how it goes? I am scared they wont find anything and the apt will be for nothing

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sure you can let us know how it goes. It's definitely frustrating when you have pain and you're worried they won't be able to find a cause for it.

Very glad to hear that yesterday was a good day.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Thanks and ya i had a good day today to [Smile] and can you still check in with me in the mornings or when ever your on please? [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

if thats still ok with you Robin?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Another good day? That's terrific.

Yes, we can check in with you.

Do you have other people who can check in with you too...maybe from your Noonan's support group?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

once in a while yes i have two really good friends from there. I am planning to go to Cali next summer hopefully. And thanks its just nice to check on here and see that someone responded or wants to talk to you. Makes me feel good and special lol. Does that makes sense? and tomorrow im not so sure i have my apt and i cant eat from 10am-4pm or drink anything exept a bottle of water at 2:15 so i will have a full bladder. I am going to so hungary! my mom is taking me out to eat after so i will have some food! [Smile] Thanks for everything. For making me feel welcome, for caring, for letting me feel heard and wanted. Means SO much to me! [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ughh i am sick of being treated like this i am sick of being treated like garbage!

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, diamonddust: we can't really take something like this anywhere without any context.

Do you want to explain more about what "like this" is and where this is coming from for you right now?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

my dad he is like theres crap there stop sitting on your *** and clean (which i just sat down for a minnute i was cleaning all day) i thought you were supposed to dust. there is a wrapper on the floor pick up this shit. Turn the freakn TV off. I cant do anything right for him. I feel like sometimes he doesnt love me and blames me for the rape. I know inside it wasnt my fault but when he does this to me it makes me feel like crap. He holds me to a very high standard and i cant get to it. I say i did or do my best and he is like "well your best isnt good enough try harder." A C in college is not ok its like getting an F i need to get all A's and B's to succed. He does not know how hard college really is. Im sorry for the whole vent sesh but it felt good getting in off my chest and getting a response on any ideas to handle when he is like this. Thanks

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you shared how your family dynamics are in this respect with your advocate?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

no not really i am kind of scared in away to. I am going to tell her next time i see her. Is tha somethngs you think I should do? Im sorry this really isnt anything regading sex questions.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

I do.

Really, there is no way to "deal" with someone being verbally abusive. In other words, that needs to stop or be worked on on his part, it's not something you will be able to magically not be upset by or impacted by.

It may also be that your family needs some counseling around your rape, and that's something your advocate could likely do a better job getting them on board with than you could.

But either way, I think it's very important you tell someone directly in your life with the ability to intervene or find interventions about all of this, and that'd be your best first step.

(And yes, on the whole, we do need to try and keep conversations here about what we actually do as an org, but we can also address things like this occasionally, but we will tend to refer users to people more able or qualified to serve them in this regard than we are.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok thanks and ya sorry about that. I have my ultrasound today. I will come on if its bad or good news i feel like i want to share that since i have been talking about it here. I hope thats ok! [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

No problem.

How'd it go for you today?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i think it went fine. I wont get those results for a day or two. I got the test resualts from my blood and urine test tho and i dont have any STI's So YA me. I am a little disapointed to be honest tho. Thanks for asking!

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

Disappointed about what?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

not having an STI. I mean i know its a good thing that i dont. Its very good that i dont in fact. But part of me thinks that it would of helped my case against him if that makes sense? I know i am crazy and nuts. I am more confused then anything i think

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

You wanted the tests to give some kind of physical evidence of having been assaulted to strengthen your case. I understand, and can certainly understand why not having that can feel disappointing.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes even tho there was semen and saliva and a bruise. It was my first time having sex so he took my virgenity. I am worried that its going to be a she said he said type of thing. Even tho i have him basically admitting it on the phone. He did not say he raped me instead that something did indead went wrong that night and it didnt go as HE planed it.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

Well, if it helps, having an STI wouldn't be any more evidence than semen. In other word,s it's not like someone having an STI proves they assaulted someone versus having consensual sex with them. So, when it came to your case, in reality, that actually would not have added anything else on top of the physical evidence already documented.

Unfortunately, very unfortunately, most sexual abuse or assault cases wind up being the kind of dynamic you're describing, where it's one person's word against another. Really, the only way they usually don't is if and when there were witnesses. That's obviously really crappy, but it is how it is.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ya all tho this man is really high i think. He is a firefighter, paramedic and in some line of the milatary. I went to the hospital right away and my RA saw him staring at me really creppely when my friends and my ra took me to the hospital. So i dont really know i guess. I hope it does to court and he gets what he deserves. On the other hand i made him happy so i did my job. I know what happened was wrong and he needs to learn a lesson. He might be doing this to other women

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Member # 3

I don't know if your advocate has talked with you at all -- or if you know this stuff on your own -- about sexual abuse/assault and people with disability. namely, the fact that people with disability are assaulted and abused sexually at MUCH higher rates than those without disability.

I bring that up because for sure, someone being an otherwise valued member of the community (though it's not like this hasn't happened before with people who rape) can make a case more difficult, but the statistics alone around disability and assault can certainly counter that some.

All the same, taking a sexual assault case to court is a really brave thing to do, so I hope you're giving yourself props for your courage.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic saying "you made him happy so you did your job" or not. Clear that up for me?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

No i did not know that and my advicate didnt tell me that either. Thanks for informing me on that. I know its brave for me to take him to court. I am just worried i will go to jail. :? and what i mean by I made him happy so i did my job. I am saying he got what he wanted which was sex. All i wanted to do was watch a movie with him and he had other plans (i will past a copy of my story for you to read. if thats ok) he wanted sex and sex made him happy so i did my job. I am someone who puts everyne before myself. I want to make anyone and everyone happy. Thats just me. Does that make sense? If you have any questions feel free to ask. [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.