Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » idk anymore (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: idk anymore
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i am ready to share my stories i dont want everyone to see them only the people who are with scarleteen is that possible

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there an email i can email someone my story and talk about it i dont feel comfortable having it on here for everyobdy to see. Please and thanks

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, diamonddust: I'm afraid our protected area is currently not operating, and we don't have the resources or support to counsel users via email (nor the liability coverage).

Like I said, I'm away for most of the weekend, but this is something you'll just need to decide if you're comfortable having public here. If you have chosen a handle you don't use anywhere else, and post without personally identifying anyone, it's absolutely anonymous, but still not everyone will feel comfortable with that. You'll just have to decide for yourself if you do.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok so if i post it with out my name or anything no one will know its me?

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i have a few questiongs if someone could please answer them.
1. Is it a bad thing if i dont take my pill at the same time every day. Like in the morning some times then at night others and sometimes at 1am?
2. Is it bad if my coverias are tender?
3. How does someone over come being raped and dealing with flashbacks?
4. I am very self contios now more then i was before i was raped is this common for that to happen?
Please i can use all the answers or help i can get.
p.s I am hoping Robin can read this and answer some i havnt heard from her in a while and i liked how she was able to talk to me and answer me in a way i was able to understand.
Diamond

--------------------
Im always abandond

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the pill to work properly, you will want to take it as close to the same time as possible every day. It is okay if you vary by a couple of hours, but you will want to avoid huge differences.

I am not sure what you mean by "coverias". Can you describe what you mean? Or maybe look up if you spelled what you wanted to say correctly?

Overcoming a rape and dealing with all of the after effects, such as nightmares, flashbacks, lowered self-esteem, etc is a long and difficult process. That sucks, a lot, but there's really no way to get around it or speed it up. You are already off to a good start by having told people about, and you already have your advocate by your side to help you out. The next important step would be working with a counselor who can help you talk through this.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i ment overias my bad lol and thanks for the advice [Smile]

--------------------
Im always abandond

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ovaries can be tender for a number of different reasons. Sometimes it's just due to where you are in your menstrual cycle, sometimes it's because of an infection or other health issue. There's really no way for us to know what's going on in your case specifically, so I'd ask your doctor if you can. If there is a problem, the ultrasound should help figure out what that is.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.