Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » scared. need help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared. need help
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to know is it possible if on your period and have sex is it possible to get pregnant? Plz help

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Posts: 89 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is possible to get pregnant if you have otherwise unprotected sex during your period. Do you want to talk about what happened?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well yes plz. Today i met up with my bf near his house then we walked to his house and while walking we talked about having sex and we decided to. i told him i am on my period b4 and he said thats fine and we ended uphaving sex but unprotected and now i am really scared. what do i do??????

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Posts: 89 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

PLZ HELP ME IM SO SCARED

--------------------
*The Real Me*

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

And now that guy broke up with me. he got what he wanted(sex and more) and then breaks up with me. this is terrible, im scared and hurt

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry you're going through this, Angel Eyes. We can talk about the breakup as much as you'd like, but I want to make sure first of all that you can take emergency contraception (the morning after pill) if you want to lower your risk of pregnancy. If that's something you'd want to do, we can help you figure out where to get it.

It's completely understandable that you're scared and hurt; dealing with a pregnancy risk on top of a breakup is a lot to deal with. What are you doing to take care of yourself right now?

(Also, if it's okay with you, it might be easier to keep track of everything if we just stick to this thread for discussion, since there are some overlaps between this one and your other one. Is that all right?)

[ 08-06-2012, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

yeah its ok.
And i would to get the morning pill and idk where or how can u help me on that.

And thanks this breakup is really hard. this guy and i have a very long history and he really hurt me. now i am left alone crying and in alot of pain. and idk how to try to deal with it.
IDK what to do anymore

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old are you? In the USA, the morning after pill is available over the counter (meaning you don't need a prescription) for anyone 17 years old or older. If you're under 17, you'll need a prescription.

In terms of taking care of yourself, what do you usually do when you're upset? Are there things you find comforting - watching a favourite movie, reading a good book, writing in a journal, going for a walk....anything like that? (If you want, we can try and find a professional counsellor for you to talk to as well; that can be very helpful.)

[ 08-07-2012, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

i am 16. and the thing is i dont want my parents finding out and know i need the morning after pill. so how could i get it without them knowing.

and yes i do have some things, i like to listen to music and even dance(im a major dancer), go fourwheeling, and walk. I do have a counsiler already becuz i have had things happen that were so bad i need it such as been raped, beaten by bullies and more so i will talk about this when i go in.

[ 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: *KrazyGirl* ]

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

I'm so glad to hear you already have a counsellor; they're great resources. All of us here are more than willing to keep talking with you as long as you need, but having that in-person support is important too. I'm also glad you have some activities you enjoy that can help you relax.

So, since you're 16, you will need a prescription for emergency contraception. You can go to your regular doctor, if you have one, or go to a sexual health clinic like Planned Parenthood. If you want to post your zip code here, or email it to me at karyn@scarleteen.com, I can have a look and see what's available in your area.

--------------------

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Thank u so much. My zip code u can use 30528. As soon as u can plz let me know what u find. and i need to know how much these usually cost... do u have any clue

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

How much an appointment with a doctor costs varies so much that I really couldn't tell you that. But, you can always phone ahead and ask. (I should have mentioned, too, that if you have a friend who is 17 or older, they can purchase it for you with no prescription needed.)

Emergency contraception itself can cost anywhere from about $30 to $50.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find much in the way of sexual healthcare providers in your area.

The White County Public Health Department - http://www.phdistrict2.org/White%20County.htm - seems to offer birth control, so it's worth calling and asking if they also prescribe emergency contraception, and if they don't, they'll probably have some idea of where you could go. Their phone number is 706-865-2191.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

(By the way, I have to take off for the day soon, but I'll leave a message with the other volunteers to keep checking your thread. Someone should be along in a few hours.)

--------------------

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Ok thank u very much i will call in the morning. I am SO glad i have someone to talk to. You have been so nice and really helped thank u

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning KrazyGirl,

Just checking in to let you know that a couple of us are around and checking in frequently.

Good luck with your call to the public health department.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Thank u Robin Lee. I will be calling here soon.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm here too, KrazyGirl, whenever you'd like to talk. [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Thank u Rei

--------------------
*The Real Me*

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

There is alot im going thru and need somebody to talk to

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're around, KrazyGirl. Why don't you let us know what you'd like to talk about today. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Honestly Heather there is things going on right now im having a VERY hard time with..... im trying to deal with a break up, i found out me and my family may be kicked out our house(We r a family of 7), im having trouble with finding good friends, a bad self-esteem problem too and more. Im seriously depressed. Im dealing with alot. Its so hard on me.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it is, that's an awful lot to carry.

In terms of your shelter issues, since that's obviously the most critical thing: have you/your family already connected with your local department of children and family services to find out what kind of help you can get? With Legal Aid? If not, we';d be happy to get you some numbers so your parents or guardians can start on that.

In terms of your own self-care, are you in school? If so, have you connected with the counselor at school to get some extra help and support with all of this?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Thx we will get right on that. and if u could get those numbers it would be great. Thank u.

and no im not in school parents dont agree with the high school thing so im trying to get my GED. Idk what to do about the friend thing or how i feel about myself. [Frown]

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI KrazyGirl,

There are a few ways you can start finding assistance for you and your family.

If you'd like to give me your zip code (either here, or by emailing robin@scarleteen.com, whichever you're more comfortable with), we can look up some resources for you. You can also look them up yourself. There's a resource that you can access by dialing 211 on the phone. The 211 operators are trained to help people find local resources. To see if you have 211 in your area you can go to:
http://www.211.org

It can be pretty tough to make friends in general, and especially if you're not around people a lot. I know you said you don't go to school. Do you have any place that you go to where you can meet people? Not everyone you meet is going to be a friend, but meeting people is usually a good place to start.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Thx Robin. My zip code is 30523.

And I usually go to youth group at my church but im very shy already and it hard to meet anybody being shy. i honestly dont know how to get the nerves to meet anyone so im basically lost and alone. [Frown]

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Nodding...I'm shy too, so I can sympathise. Are there people at youth group around whom you feel comfortable? Sometimes when we're shy it's easier to choose one or two people to talk to, rather than worrying about the whole group.

One of us will look up resources for you in the next day or two.

What is your housing sittuation currently? That is, are you still in your home?

I'm headed out now for the evening, but volunteers and staff are always popping in and out and I should be back some time tomorrow.

--------------------
Robin

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Honestly I feel there is nothing left for me. im seriously depressed. im scared me and my family are gonna have nothing

--------------------
*The Real Me*

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Yea i have some friends there at youth group.

by the way thank you and yes we r still in the home but scared we wont be much longer.

thx for the help

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

How are you doing today?

--------------------
Robin

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI There,

Was just looking for services for you and your family. Unfortunately, you do not have a 211 center in your area which would help you find services. I'm going to speak with the other staff and volunteers who are more experienced than I with looking up services and we'll find some resources you can try.

--------------------
Robin

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Hey, Honestly i feel like crap today.

And thank u for the help.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.