Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » scared (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: scared
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i have been feeling like i have a swallon vagina. It feels awkwardly painful. Could it be serious? Can it be a bladder infection or am i over reacting?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im sorry for all of my posts i feel bad. please dont be mad at me.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one is mad at you, diamonddust.

Are you still feeling the pain you talked about in your other thread? When is your doctor's appointment?

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9016 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes i am and on the 9th. My mom thinks its a bladader infection.

--------------------
Im always abandond

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what you describe, it does sound like it might be a Urinary Tract Infection. Since you are going to the doctor pretty soon, you can tell them about all of your symptoms then and they can figure out what's going on.

If you are in a lot of pain or don't want to wait, you can also call, tell them what's going on, and ask if they think it is a good idea to move up the appointment so you can be seen sooner.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9016 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

can it be an STD? I mean i do have some of they sympotoms of them dont I? It started a bit after i was raped tho!

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

am i asking to much.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Diamond Dust,

You're not asking too much. If someone doesn't answer right away it's just because there aren't always very many of us online. Know though that we're workaholics so someone is likely to be around soon.

As Joey said, it does sound as if you might have a urinary tract infection, also called a bladder infection. We can't diagnose though.

If your pain increases significantly it's a good idea to head to the emergency room rather than waiting until Thursday's appointment.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

can it be from me being rapped? So it doesnt sound like an STD? I was reading on nauseas guanaria! Could it be that? I know they have a lot of the same symptoms. And I am sorry i was inpatient if it seemed like that. I have a disabillity that affects things like this. I feel like people are mad at me when they dont reply right away or if i am waisting someones time and what not so i appologize for that.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay. You probably got really used to me replying right away, so it feels a little scary when some time passes between your post and a reply. I assure you that no one is intentionally ignoring you.

I can't say for sure what you have. The symptoms you're describing definitely sound serious enough to talk to a doctor about, but that's about all I can say with certainty. [Smile]

Urinary tract infections can be triggered or exacerbated by consensual sexual activity or rape, but they're not sexually transmitted infections in the way that, say, chlamydia is--that is, it's not an illness or infection that someone else carries around and can transmit to someone.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok. If it was a urinary tract infection wouldnt it of cleared up by now? I know this sounds really disgusting and nasty but i am going to say it sorry if its disturbing. When i was in pain today and felt like it was swallon or something. I decided to try and look and see if i could see anything. When i looked i could see that it was really red and swallonn with discarge coming out. Sorry if thats nasty to read or anything. Is this normale?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Oh, we're used to hearing pretty much everything and will let you know if it's too much. [Smile]

No, that's definitely not "normal". Many urinary tract infections don't clear up on their own though, and can get worse if untreated.

I'm very glad to know that you've already got a doctor's appointment scheduled.

--------------------
Robin

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Urinary tract infections - just like many other infections - don't usually go away on their own, they need to be treated with antibiotics. The swelling and discharge you're describing sound like an infection, so if it's possible, I would really encourage you to see if you can get a doctor's appointment sooner.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5667 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

it really cant they already had to squezze me in. Is any STDs and infection? I am hoping i dont have a STD and have a bladder infection is better. I feel like there is defently something. I am bringing my advicate with me to my apt for support. Im sorry for everything.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really don't need to apologize. [Smile] We're here to help you with this.

Since you can't get an earlier appointment with your doctor, keep an eye on your symptoms and if they get significantly worse before you can see your doctor, it would be a good idea to go to the emergency room.

I wish I could tell you exactly what kind of infection you might be dealing with, but unfortunately there's just no way for me to know. It does sound like you may have a bladder infection, but discharge and swelling of your vulva isn't generally part of a urinary tract infection. Whatever it is though, it's very likely that it's easily treatable.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5667 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I'm glad your advocate will be going with you.

Do you think it would help you to write down all of your questions and concerns, the symptoms you've been having, how long you've been having them, and so on? Sometimes when we're nervous it's easy to forget things or feel afraid to say them. If you have it all written down it might make it easier for you. What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Thanks. I am going to write them down and have them with me when i see the doctor. I will deffently let you know what i hear at my doctor. How long does it take for the results to come back if i have anything worth worrying about. Is it the same day is it weeks or months? I have read on peps they take a month at least. So idk if this situation will be different since it was a rape and not concensual sex.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Test results depend on what they're testing for. Most results should be back within a week or two.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok and is it ok if i come on and let you know what i find out at the doctors? or should i not?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Of course it's okay for you to let us know what you find out at the doctor's if that's something you want to do. No problem at all.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i dont want to over step anything here. I feel bad enough already taking up so much time, I want to i feel comfertable on here and feel like i am wanted and cared for. I mean if something does come bad i want someone to be there for me and idk where i can turn. I feel like I need to appologize to you Robin so I am sorry.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, on my end there doesn't look to be anything to apologize for. [Smile] This is exactly the sort of thing I, and all of us, are here for.

I am heading out for the evening now as I really need to get some sleep, but there are always volunteers popping in and out and I'll be back tomorrow.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok thanks! [Smile] and i will come back and say how my doctor apt went. and i think it sitll would be nice if you guys check in with me tho if thats still alright?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

We can absolutely check in with you! I'll be checking the boards periodically for the next few hours, and after that some of the other volunteers should be around. [Smile]

(I am going to be working on some other things as well, but I'll aim to check this thread every half hour or so. So if you don't hear back from me right away, that's why.)

--------------------

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok thanks,and i am wondering what i should be preparid for my apt. when they take the blood do they take it from my arm or do they have to take it from down there?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Blood gets taken from your arm. [Smile]

Have you ever had a gynecological exam before?

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

(Just wanted to let you know, diamonddust, that I have to take off for the day in a bit, but I've left a note for the other volunteers to keep checking in with you, and someone should be around in a few hours.)

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Good Morning Diamond Dust,

How are you doing today?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

no i have never had on before and i am doing good tired but good. I know they norma;y take blood from the arm i didnt know if this was different since they are testing for something different.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yup, they can do all blood tests by drawing blood the same way.

Did any of us link you to the "your first gynecologist visit" article?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Ya no one has linked me that article that i rememner. And idk if its that kind of apt or what since i am seeing my family doctor.

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

what do i do if some reason i have an std how do i tell my future husband or partner that?

--------------------
Im always abandond

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Robin linked you to the article in this thread right here:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027728/p/1.html
Go ahead and take another look if you need a refresher. We'll also answer any additional questions you may have.

As for your second questions: many STIs are completely curable, so if you do have one, that doesn't automatically mean that you will be stuck with it for life.

There are some STIs, however, that can remain dormant in your body and cause outbreaks from time to time, and some that remain present in your body and can be passed on even if they lie dormant. If and when you get a diagnosis, we will be happy to discuss your specific concerns with you.

Either way, it is always a good idea to discuss past sexual history with a partner, so you two can work together to be as safe as possible. It's important to be honest about that. If you are with a partner where you do not feel comfortable with that level of honesty, or they react negatively to it, well, then you know that you're with someone who is not a safe sexual partner for you to be with, and you can act accordingly to that.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok thanks and ya i am praying that i dont have an STI i wouldnt want that expecialy since i never said i wanted to have sex in the first place he kind of just forced it on me. I will look at that article when I have some longer down time then i have to reply quick. I want to say thanks for everything the Scarleteen staff and volunteers have done for me and how they have made me feel more safe and informed on what i am going to expect at my appointment and so on. I really do appreiciate it alot.

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

I am wondering if i will ever be able to have a boyfriend since what happened to me. I have never had a boy friend in my life. I want one but i feel like I am not pretty enough for them even tho I am told i am pretty by my family and friends. I was asked to be a model for a calender once and i declined it. I want to know why i am such a unwanted person. I mean i mean my 12 year old neigbor has a boyfriend for almost a year. I feel like i cant trust a guy and feel like they all want the same thing. Sex. I think its hard for me to trust guys because of my recent rape and the one time i was sexually abused when i was 8. I mean i get confused when someone is making passes at me and being a jerk. Do you have any advice? I am sorry please dont be mad i am just lost alone and confused.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.