Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can i get an STD from this? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can i get an STD from this?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you just tell him you want to be tested for all STDs.

Other STIs include HIV, herpes, Gonorrhea,
chlamydia, HPV, and bacterial vaginosis.

[ 08-05-2012, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
ok. thanks i am sorry for all the questions. I am just trying to get answers and get so me help and support thats all.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know...I'm glad you are. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

how come i feel bad tho? why is it i feel like i am wasiting your guys time tho? My disscussion has one of the most replies

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's common to have very low self esteem after we're experienced something as traumatic as rape, especially when we're going through that all by ourselves. Do you think you self esteem is pretty low right now?

And that's not true about the replies, some threads I've seen have been 7 or 8 pages long, or some people have many ongoing discussions. It's okay to make a home for yourself here as long as you's live to. We're very happy to have you with us.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

thanks and i have alwas had low self esteem and i am living and i am also in a place of what if's and forgeting that it ever happened. I am really worried i might have a STI from him. I dont know what I will do if i have anything

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

I have pain under my belly button and it hurts when i go to the rest room. It also hurts most of the time its worse when i go to the rest room could it be from my rape?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

How long has it been hurting like that?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

on and off for about 3-4 months right around the time i was raped. I feel disgusting and shouldnt be alive from it.

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

and even hurts down there to. Its like the pain someone gets when holding there bladder thats what i am feeling and its unpleasnt at times. Am i over reacting or am i ok to ask and feel like i do?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're not overreacting at all. That kind of pain is definitely concerning. Please talk to your doctor about it when you see them on Thursday and if it gets much worse between now and then seek emergency medical attention.

I can't tell you what it is or could be as I'm not a medical professional, but pain that happens on and off like that over several months, and pain while going to the bathroom are both indications of something that a doctor needs to know about so they can figure out what is going on.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i am really scared i might have an STI i just want to curl up and cry. is there any article that i can read? and i have a few questions regading sex in general is it ok if i ask them?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Curling up and crying is okay to do.

Do you think that reading an article about STIs would help you feel more in control with more knowledge, or do you think it would scare you more? It's up to you what you want to do, I just wanted to check.

And yes, you can ask questions about sex.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i think it will make me feel both of them scared and knowledged and i know it has to be done tho.
1. what makes someone ejacalate
2. what does it mean when someone says they are hard
3. why when watching movies and what not people scream
4. what is doggiem milatary postion mean?

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

sorry for asking these questions and sorry for being so stupid by asking this and feeling the way i do and reaching out i am sorry.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Diamond Dust,

Here's a link where you can read about the basics of STDs/STIs:

http://www.wire.wisc.edu/YourSexLife/Aftershockorafterglow/aftershocks/STDbasics.aspx

For your first two questions, I'm going to refer you to this link:
Innies & Outies: The Penis, Testes and More

When people scream in movies, do you mean during sex scenes?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes thats what i mean. im sorry for coming on here and talking about my rape. I should be able to handle it on my own and not have others be burdened with my problems and struggles.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

What we know is that almost no one can handle a rape on her own. Supporting people through life after rape is part of what we do. I personally have volunteered in the past with a sexual assault hotline, and also supported a dear friend after she was raped. Many of the staff and volunteers here have also had experience and are committed to supporting rape survivors.

As to the screaming during sex scenes in movies, it's...well...it's silly really. In movies, books, TV shows, etc, sex isn't portrayed very realistically. The reality is that when people are experiencing pleasure, they have a wide variety of responses. Some people do scream, as portrayed in the movies, but many do not.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

thanks [Smile] so can I come here and talk about how i feel and what i find out at the doctors? i have lost 10lbs in the last week and a half and have had not a lot of sleep either. I am going to tell the doc this when i go. I feel like i am cared about here and that you guys want to help me. Is this true?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You can absolutely talk about how you feel and what you find out at the doctor.

We do care and we do want to help. We know how tough being in your situation is, and how isolating it can feel.

Diamond Dust, I need to head out for the day, but there will be other volunteers around in the next few hours.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

thanks and does all the staff know my story like can they read what my disscussion? Will i ever be normal again? When i was raped it didnt really hurt that bad when it was happening. It didnt start hurting tell i was at the hospsital. Is that normal or what?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the staff and volunteers here can read what you've told us so far, so we're all aware of what you're dealing with.

There are a wide range of responses, both physical and mental, to a traumatic experience like rape. And it does sometimes happen that pain isn't noticeable until after the actual physical trauma is over, or that it gets worse afterwards. It doesn't happen for everyone that way, but it does for some.

Per your question about being normal again, are you asking if you can go back to being like you were before the rape?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes thats kinds what i mean. i honestly dont know what to do at this point. what if he is doing this to others? what if he says I am lying then what? Do they believe him when i have dna evidence?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Good morning,

It sounds as if you do have evidence, since you had the rape kit done at the hospital. It sounds as if you're worried about his story being believed over yours.

As to returning to normal, we're all changed by things that happen to us, both good things and bad things. So I don't know if things can go back to the way they were for you before you were raped, but I do know that things don't have to always be as bad as they are right now. The process of healing is different for everyone so I can't say when things are going to start feeling better, or what is going to make the difference with that.

What we do know helps the majority of people is talking about hwo they're feeling and what's going on. Especially with rape, people are often pressured to be silent, which just adds to the bad feelings.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes and i have been keeping how i feel to myself and i am afraid i will lose since he is a milatary man even tho i have evidence

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I know we've discussed this before: Is there anyone in your life you can confide in?

Going through the court system with this is really scary, I know. The idea that you might not be believed is scary and painful. Know that whatever happens we believe you. Is your advocate helping you with the legal process?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ya she is and i dont really have anyone to confide in except on here and other hotlines and my advicate. Am i doing something wrong? And i hope he gets whats coming for him. He deserves to pay

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, he does deserve to pay. What he did to you was wrong.

And no, you're not doing anything wrong. I just wanted to check in to see if you did have any family members or friends you could trust to help and support you. I'm sad for you that you don't.

Please don't be afraid to tell us if there's any specific way that we can help and support you.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Thannks and maybe just check in with me and see how i am doing. I have family i cant talk to them about this tho. Its to uncomfertable.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

We can absolutely check in with you. [Smile]

And of course you can continue to ask questions and talk about how you're doing. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

thanks that measn alot. This last night i was able to sleep pretty good i only woke up 2x in the night and feel asleep at 2 which is good since i cant fall asleep tell 3-4 and wake up at least 3-4 times to. I am still going to tell the doc tho and tell them about my on and off pain i am having.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

i'm so glad to hear you got more sleep...and yes, definitely a good idea to tell the doc about your pain.

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

I am still tired tho but not as bad as it was the last week or so. Ya i have my apt in 3 days. Yikes! Kinda nervous.

--------------------
Im always abandond

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.