Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could she be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could she be pregnant?
Lexjrey
Neophyte
Member # 96271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lexjrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend gave me a bj and swallowed and I think I touched my penis after is it possible I could have got sperm on my fingers and got her pregnant from fingering?i know its highly unlikely but I want to see what people have to say because I have been stressing out!
Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you have a read through this page first, please? http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lexjrey
Neophyte
Member # 96271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lexjrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read through it and im still worried. Could you give me your opinion?
Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the page that Karybu linked you to says, we really want people to be able to learn how to evaluate their own level of risk.

So, based on what you've read, what is your understanding of what constitutes a pregnancy risk? How would you evaluate your own risk based on what you have learned can lead to pregnancy?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lexjrey
Neophyte
Member # 96271

From what ive read a pregnancy risk is not very likely unless there is direct genital to genital
contact or sperm is deposited directly on the vulva. But Im still worried i have no clue why.

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think you're 100% read to engage in the sex you took part in? It could be that you're worried about this because it isn't something you feel comfortable with yet, because you don't fully trust that your partner won't become pregnant from oral sex or manual sex (sex with hands)?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lexjrey
Neophyte
Member # 96271

I dont think im ready honestly and we have agreed to wait for anything else. But is pregnancy from this really unlikely it just seems likely with so many people getting pregnant.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by "so many people getting pregnant"?

As you said above, direct contact between a bare penis and a bare vulva is really necessary for there to be a pregnancy risk. Alternatively, a risk could come from direct contact between a vulva and freshly ejaculated semen, direct meaning that there were no stops between the ejaculation and it landing on the vulva.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lexjrey
Neophyte
Member # 96271

Im talking about when it first happened and i went on google...

So if it made stops on the way to the vagina there is no risk and especially if it was 10-20 minutes after correct?

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not everything you come across on google is always going to be 100% reliable. As I'm sure you know already, on the internet it's easy to leave out crucial parts of a story, and you can never be sure whether the person telling it is being completely honest or not. So, to keep your peace of mind, I'd suggest only using trusted medical websites for information like this from now on [Smile]

And yep, what you said there is 100% correct!

[ 08-29-2012, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lexjrey
Neophyte
Member # 96271

Thank you this is what i needed. i feel some of the answers on PlannedParenthood are very vague and hard to understand. but here you guys just straight up tell people the truth and it helps a lot.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.