Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Discharge,,,, ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discharge,,,, ?
summer4life69
Neophyte
Member # 71339

Icon 5 posted      Profile for summer4life69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 14 years old and i think i get more discharge then usual. (i dont know if that made sense) but its like a white-ish color, im pretty sure thats the normal color. But everday, i come home from school and my underwear is like covered in it. It sometimes even goes through my underwear onto my pants. (which is embarressing) and i know thats wayy to much. Also i have these little white bumps all around my clitoris, and i have no idea what those are eithor, do they have anything to do with it? i've been curious about them before and tried to pop them, and they actually pop. So could it be them thats causing this? I just really need help because all of my underwear and even some pants are completely stained and ruined.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever talked to a healthcare provider about the discharge? It may be that this is just your body's "normal", but it never hurts to ask. In terms of the bumps, they sound like small pimples or clogged pores (which can happen pretty much anywhere) but that's another thing you can check in with a healthcare provider about. No matter what they turn out to be though, popping them isn't really a great idea - it increases the chances of infection, so you're best just to leave them alone.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summer4life69
Neophyte
Member # 71339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summer4life69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay thanks, but i dont really feel comfortable talking to my healthcare provider. So since thats completely out of the question, is there anything i can do to lessen the discharge or prevent/stop the clogged pores?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I ask why that's out of the question? Is that just about a given provider, or about ANY provider?

Per your discharges, unless it's from an infection or imbalance -- which then can and should be treated -- then nope, there's nothing you can do to change the amount. But if it does turn out not to be an infection or imbalance, you can wear pantyliners to help you manage it.

Those little white bumps, if they're around your clitoris -- rather than on or around the mons or outer labia -- they probably aren't clogged pores, they're more likely what's called fordyce spots, a typical kind of tissue texture people with all kinds of genitals have on parts of their genitals. They aren't anything bad or problematic, nor, though, should you try to pop them, as that can cause damage to that tissue.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.