Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Vaginal Discharge and Other Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginal Discharge and Other Questions
CeeKei
Neophyte
Member # 84279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeKei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm just wondering... what amount of vaginal discharge (the one that goes out during ovulation or something) can be considered normal?

My girlfriend told me that she's heavy with the thing down there. It's more or less Day 18 of her monthly cycle (started on the 1st of Jan but is irregular, cycle lasts around 28-31 days). I'm worried that something might be wrong. We have had no sexual activities for the past two months, and she had her period two times since we had sex.

Is it possible that she's just ovulating and just secreting a lot because of increased hormone levels? I forgot to mention, she's been dealing with lots of stress lately, so I'm also wondering if that is a contributing factor?

And another thing, is it normal for a girl to have a 3-day "heavy bleeding" and 1-3 day "moderate to light" bleeding during her period? I thought periods were always heavy from start to end.

Thanks!

Posts: 17 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleeding is rarely constant from start to finish of a period. Rather, it tends to start out slow on the first day, be heaviest on the second and third day, and then slow down again. But that's also not a rule - like almost always when it comes to the human body, it's a very individual thing and also something that tends to fluctuate even for one person.

As for the discharge, check this out:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CeeKei
Neophyte
Member # 84279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeKei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the enlightenment.

By the way, she told me she had a brown, odorless discharge last night. It didn't last long, however. I also read somewhere that a brown discharge is normal for ovulating women? Is that true?

Posts: 17 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.