Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Abnormal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Abnormal?
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 4 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been bothering me for some time now. I'm 17 and my labia minora protrude from my labia majora. I have looked like this for as long as I can remember. Is this normal? Is there something I could have done as a child to cause this?

Thanks in advance
Becca [Smile]

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's extremely common for labia minora to protude beyond the labia majora. Some medical professions actually prefer the terms inner labia and outer labia as opposed to minora and majora, because minora means little and that often not the case.

We actually have a gallery of real life vulvas here at Scarleteen, and I found a picture of a set of inner labia which protude from the outer labia. Here is the link, but will warn you that it contains a real life set of labia: Erin's Inner Labia. If you do choose to have a look; you will see that Erin's inner labia prtrude much further beyond her outer labia; it's just as common for them to do that as not. [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you [Smile] that made me feel better

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.